Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
highbanker58

Minelab GPX 5000 Manual

I left my well used GPX 5000 manual laying on the seat of my quad while I was unpacking from a trip to Stanton, my new puppy thought it smelled good and ATE IT. I called Minelab today and tried to purchase a new one and was informed they don't sell replacement manuals. They said " it's online so you can print it". Thats fine if you have a place in your backpack for a 3 ring notebook.I don't have that kind of room. So I'm looking for a dealer or individual that has one they want to sell. I use that thing every time I go out. I had 16 months of notes, GPS locations and coil settings written down, I salvaged most of them thanks to scotch tape.Now I need a manual to put them back in. Please call my cell 602-617-6487 Dave

high,

That would certainly make me mad after spending so much for a detector. Kinda chitty of them to not keep a few extra books laying around.

You might could go to a print shop and get them to print you a small booklet. But not sure how much they would charge.

GL finding one.

Rim

I may have one around, I'll look....

I was thinking about buying a 5000, even called Bill two times yesterday, but no one home... if they can't send you a new one; that makes me a little gun shy.

k9

K9 ... In this age of the internet and online or cloud storage Minelab has put all their manuals on line except for the manual that is shipped with each detector. I would not shy off the best detector in the world because of a few pieces of paper. They are readily available on the minelab website for those who need or want a second book. I printed mine on 8.5 x 11 standard printer paper with two pages of the manual per page approximating what the original book size is. If one doesn't want to keep in a full size 3 ring binder all one has to do is cut the pages in half and get some binder bolts from Staples, Office depot or Office Max to hold all the pages together. As I see it ... Advantage here is size of course ... but ... it also allows for a 'blank" page for every printed page of the manuall for notes regarding issues specific to that manual page facing it to the left. Great way to keep notes on the different "finds" you make experimenting with the detector ... And then keep it away from critters who might want to rip and chew! :)

Mike F

Mike,

Thank you very much! Need to order the 5000 so I have something to do, I really want to come down south next winter and find a nugget or two

k9

K9hohriver

I sure wouldn't let anything stop you from getting a 5000 if you can afford it.

A manual can always be gotten online and printed up if you need on in your hands.

Just don't misplace the detector ha ha.

I like the online manuals because I can copy small segment and paste them in a Word document to make

cheat sheets.....then laminate them for protecting from sweat and keep them in my back-pack.....

MIKE ,I MADE A NEW COPY SO I CAN KEEP ALL THE UPDATED NOTES IN ONE PLACE.

THANKS HARRY

K9- I wouldn't trade my GPX 5000 for anything.It is the most AWESOME detector I've ever owned. The Minelab 8" round mono is my bread and butter coil.I can almost always find a nugget with that coil. The 11" round that comes with it works well also.Thanks to everyone that helped me find a replacement manual. Dave

• Like 1

I may have one around, I'll look....

Bill , Please call my cell if you have one.I leave in 3 weeks for Ganes Creek and would like to have a manual I can read that doesn't have K9 tooth marks on almost every page. Thanks - Dave