Nugget Shooter Forums

How much gold would it take ?

By the end of the year i want to smelt a gold bar the size of a stick of butter. Anybody have a guess as to how many ounces of gold it would take. It's a pretty lofty goal ( unattainable ) but i always set high goals and standards. I am guessing probably 2 pounds or so. Thanks in advance guys.

By the end of the year i want to smelt a gold bar the size of a stick of butter. Anybody have a guess as to how many ounces of gold it would take. It's a pretty lofty goal ( unattainable ) but i always set high goals and standards. I am guessing probably 2 pounds or so. Thanks in advance guys.

Here is a hint Ore.

ONE CUBIC FOOT OF GOLD WOULD WEIGH APPROX 14 HUNDRED POUNDS OR 16,800 TROY OUNCES

So how many sticks of butter would fit into one cubic foot of gold? hehe!

Rim

Well, lets see how this works out . A 1/4 lb stick measures 3.25 x 1.5 x 1.6 = 7.8 cu. inches convert to cu. centimeters 127.819 x 19.3 grams per cubic centimeter = 2466.9067 grams or 79.312 tr.ounce or 5.438 A. pounds . (79.312 x $1562.60 = $123932.93)

An expensive stick of butter!

Thanks Mike ,

5 pounds.... i better get digging a little faster.

Thanks John ,

I was going to use it as a paperweight since i have a monster ceiling fan right over my desk. But you are right i better not destroy any nuggets just in case i ever need some money .

Thanks John ,

I was going to use it as a paperweight since i have a monster ceiling fan right over my desk. But you are right i better not destroy any nuggets just in case i ever need some money .

Ore,

Just fill up one of those quart size freezer bags. That should make a dandy paper weight.... :hahaha:

Rim

Well, lets see how this works out . A 1/4 lb stick measures 3.25 x 1.5 x 1.6 = 7.8 cu. inches convert to cu. centimeters 127.819 x 19.3 grams per cubic centimeter = 2466.9067 grams or 79.312 tr.ounce or 5.438 A. pounds . (79.312 x $1562.60 = $123932.93)

An expensive stick of butter!

Well hello Mike! You finally wake up from your nap? :D

Err on the side a caution when going to fire sites as mine reflared up,they closed the road and slept in my truck waiting to get out with only water and tequila for rations--my snake bite kit as it were. Had a great time with the firline folks as we got bloody well plastered that night-John