Nugget Shooter Forums

Trying to get into nugget blasting

I have an xterra 705. I bought it for a big reason because of the prospecting mode. I live in Utah so nuggets aren't as common here. I am wondering if anyone has advise for those starting this off. I am getting better with relic and coin hunting, and am a starter prospector. Any gold fields near salt lake? Good ones to travel to? And if claimed who would I talk with to get permission? I want to find some good gold, but need to find an area to go. Any advise? Thanks!

Just because nuggets may not be common in Utah doesn't mean there aren't any. There's a learning curve in this hobby just like anything else. My advice is to join a gold club in your area and find out places where you can go. But if someone tells you you'll never find a nugget in any particular area, just ignore them and hunt regardless. Never know what you might come up with.

http://www.utahgold.org/

http://nupainc.org/

Steve

I've heard of nugget shooting,swingn',and many more but what do you perceive blasting to be as NEVER hear detecting for nuggets stated that a way in over 55 years of swingn'???John

Check with your Utah geological department...they have a very good website...

John, you must have started with military detectors and BFO's...From NUGGET-SHOOTING to NUGGET BLASTING is not a big leap...but sounds pretty exciting.

Language changes and adapts...

Fred

Thank you all for giving me good advise! I am happy to see that there are people out there willing to lend a hand and give some good tips. I have some homework to do! If anyone else has any suggestions or advise, that would be awesome! Perhaps even just setting up the detector and the like. Thanks again!