Nugget Shooter Forums

handstacking

Now I see where you get your name "boulder dash"....hope your partner is a good Chriopractor...about two

yards of those rocks and my back would be locked up......

Good gold for three days work....did you vacuum the bedrock? Down here in the slave digs are miles of rock

hand stacked....most are about three feet high....

Thanks for the post and pics.....

garimpo- yes i did super clean all bedrock with a high powered vacuum and a screwdriver. Au Seeker-those little rocks were sure in the way had to hook up a harness to my dog to help move them. The 2 grammer was just in front of the last large boulder on smooth bedrock.

Last time I washed and stacked Rocks I got about three feet and it was time for a beer and a napp.

After only finding a gram, I worked around and under the rocks.

Guess I'd make a poor chines miner.

Last time I washed and stacked Rocks I got about three feet and it was time for a beer and a napp.

After only finding a gram, I worked around and under the rocks.

Guess I'd make a poor chines miner.

HF sounds like our work ethics are about the same....don't need to take work serious there's always more...only

problem is if your back gives out or the beer gives out first....

Boulder dash tell me about your high powered vacuum...what is/was it and how do you power it.....

I use a ridged wet dry vac 12 gallon 5 hp with two inch hose with the filter removed.Run an ex cord to my generator and away i go. That thing has way more suck than those loud motors that sit on a bucket. The thing will suck the collar of a dog. If you cant find your screwdriver or glove that is cause its inside the vac.

Was able to do a lot of handstacking while drywashing total for 3.5 days was 14.3 grams largest was a 2 grammer. We all need to start handstacking to leave a legacy.

Boulder,

Just sitting here wondering if you metal detected it after all that work. I'd be willing to bet you will find a lot more then you have in that pan. But very nice gold just the same and stack job! WTG!

Rim

Its a gives one a great feeling of acomplishment, and pride in ones work. The old timers did the same thing, alot of them would work "neat" probably to be the most thurough that they could. When the depression era placer miners worked , I would imagne that any gold missed meant less food on the table, and that meant being more tidy in the gold field.

Just think, 50 years from now someone will walk through there and think it is a bunch of ancient handstacking :hmmmmm: then again , it kinda will be.....

Only problem is in kalif you will get ticketed for not filing in your holes and the environutz will definately utilize this post for bad miner PR--don't shoot the messenger just a plain simple stinkn' fact-John

I would have to be in kalifonia for that to happen. Also its not really a hole unfilled its rocks removed to show the natural bedrock.The overburden is only 9 or so inches so any ant, lizzard, cow, or turtle can get out.

Heck BD with all those rocks stacked up there so neat it looks to me like your one of those kind folks that's

trying to save the environment by slowing down the water flow off of that hill in order to reduce the soil

erosion at the bottom.... :wubu:

Only problem is in kalif you will get ticketed for not filing in your holes and the environutz will definately utilize this post for bad miner PR--don't shoot the messenger just a plain simple stinkn' fact-John

Now, now, don't be so quick to judge, JOhn . I live in CAli and those rock "gabions" protect the stream/" riparian area" from clogging with sediment.