Nugget Shooter Forums

Found a nice pocket ... Video (I hope)

Uncle Ron

That vein I've been chasing finally paid off with a nice pocket .... Close to five ounces of butt ugly gold ... I'll probably get it refined into bullion by El D ... I'm not too good on this computer video stuff, but here's a shot at it :

Cheers, Unc

Oh, here's a photo of the largest piece that turned out to be over 2.5 ozt ! The hole also kicked out a 1/3 ozt. piece, a 1.82 piece and a handfull of 1 to 2 DWT chunks ...

post-9-0-06492800-1336027912_thumb.jpg

WTG Ron! Very NICE!!

Ron as long as you can find gold like that who cares about your video skills....maybe Bucket will volunteer to do the

vids for you :brows: ......one question....how do you determine a vein from a pocket?.....

Nice going Ron, ugly or not it is still gold

Wholly crap Ron !!! Nice going man :brows: It wont be long and you may need some timber shoring :thumbsupanim

Just think about how nice and cool it will be underground this summer :D time to break out the Gold Bug II

RON,REAL NICE. I LIKE THOSE POCKETS WHERE YOU PUT IN YOUR HAND AND PULL OUT A HANDFULL OF NUGGIES. MY POCKETS HAVE HOLES IN THEM AND EVERYTHING DROPES OUT.

HARRY

Atta a boy Unc! good on ya man and thank for sharing! What a thrill that is and must have planted a grin on your face!

Dang Ron.... that is great, congrats.

How fantastic is that !!

It was bound to come though, as hard as you work at it.

Let me add my congrat's.

Patrick.....

Awesome Ron , glad to see you hit a nice pocket ... keep your luck going til at least the one pound mark !!!!

Way to go Unc!!! More story PULLLLEEEASE!!!!

:cry2: you say ugly as s... :thumbsupanim I'll take all them ugly arse 2.5rs ya'all don't want please,and even pay for insureance to ship :arrowheadsmiley: great video and mo'mo'mo' anyday and in everyway-thanx-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Thanks for the attaboys, guys .... I've gone back a couple times since hitting the pocket and think I have the vein traced out ... Thursday I pulled one more dink downhill from the pocket by putting my ML4500 in "deep" timing with the gain maxed ... I was very surprised because I'd gone over the spot an estimated three trillion times! ... The only thing left now is to recruit my Bro in law to come trench the vein for some small bits that might be there down about 18" ... I consider this to be my most exciting find in 35 years of prospecting, mining and nuggetshooting because I aggressively followed signs and mineralogy and recognized a pocket producing area from Old Timer leavings .... This area was hit pretty good by pocket hunters ... Lots of little square dug pocket pits, and they did that without metal detectors!!! It's been a fun few weeks and I'm glad I didn't have any serious encounters with Joe No Shoulders 'cause they are thick here ... Just have to move slow and keep eyeballs peeled because, for some reason, these guys don't rattle much ... Well, here's a try at a

of the first chunk I found in the pocket, which turned out to be .34 ounce troy ... Cheers, Unc

Way to go Ron. Give yourself a pat on the back for your great prospecting skills and or instincts.

Live the moment.

Bob

Ron,

That is awesome find, keep us posted on what you find if you decide to dig it out deeper. Can you claim the land?

Dave

Very nice and well deserved Ron :wubu: Mike C... :ph34r2:

Amazing!

Archived