Nugget Shooter Forums

Handy Tool

scarecrow

I just downloaded this in and being very new at this i can't comment with any knowledge but it works off google earth and shows every spot that gold was ever found and just for the heck of it i went to the wickenburg Az area and it showed hundreds of different spots in just that area..... it's on a seven day free trial and not sure what it costs after that but it had active sites, closed sites and lots of other info that i just don't understand yet...... my biggest question is what button would you click to be sure that you where in a spot that you could dig without getting into trouble.....the BLM mine claims active button gives all the people that own each site/claim...... the closed blm i guess is okay to dig?? nice map but someone with a lot more knowledge than me to get me started would sure be a big help.....

What do you think of this map....Good, Bad, Maybe??______

Joe

I am using this program also and really like it. I think it is something like $30 or so for the service but am not sure, it's not expensive. He does not provide ownership or claim rights that I have seen, I think it would be almost impossible to do that and keep it up to date. You will still have to determine that before you go on a site. But it sure gives you a great starting point for research.

I am using this program also and really like it. I think it is something like $30 or so for the service but am not sure, it's not expensive. He does not provide ownership or claim rights that I have seen, I think it would be almost impossible to do that and keep it up to date. You will still have to determine that before you go on a site. But it sure gives you a great starting point for research.

I stayed up later after posting the previous post and found out that after the seven day free trial it is then $29 a year.......Also if you click on the BLM Mine Claims Records active box on the left and wait about thirty seconds for it to gather records it will give you the names of all the owners on the active claims........Lots of claims out there LOL

HP

Joe

not sure if it came with this program or i never seen it on google earth before but i like being able to zoom in on a mine and then roll the time line back to see what has been done there in the last 10 or 20 years or eariler if there are images help with worked areas to figure out where older water channels were before graded over

There is a time line link....... it's the seventh window to the right up top with the green arrow.

Joe

post-26225-0-10218600-1335240132_thumb.j

This one is with it activated with a clock showing seven windows to the right up top.

post-26225-0-60851800-1335240370_thumb.j