Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DolanDave

Large Boom, and witness meteorite near Reno, NV.

Skip,

Watch is missing the bezel an the back is scratched up pretty good. Needs face and hands as well. Haven't tried to ope the case but the workings look to be all there.

Matt, great meeting you as well. Had family duties yesterday down south but headed back out today with GPS grid coordinates to cover.

Good luck and watch out for the buzz worms. Rumor last night was a volley ball size one was found and sold for $200K.

Volleyball size! Holy $HIT!

WOW!

GeoJack,

Tell the wife congrats on the find! And, thanks for letting me hold that gold nugget! Very Awesome! If you don't remember me, I was the guy that bagged your stone!

Jim

On the blog of the website : http://jdc-meteorite...e-de-150-g.html

That sure looks like the 17 gram meteorite found at the park before the end was broken off.

Jim

That sure looks like the 17 gram meteorite found at the park before the end was broken off.

Sorry, it's the total of all fragments : 150 g

Kinda does doesn't it. Got some business to attend to today and tomorrow with some planning on my next trip out to look.

Would really like to find some more to hang on to.

Cool, maybe my wife's 8.5 is second largest.

We hunted on Sunday around Lotus and Coloma and didn't find anything but had a good time anyway. If anyone's coming from out of state, please make sure you know what poison oak looks like before you go into the woods because there's plenty of it.

IMG0146%20%28640x547%29.jpg

Rob Ward and Ruben Garcia with his purchased 8.5 gram Sutter Mill Meteorite.

We are happy that it is going for research and not private collection.

Jack, I saw another 8.5 grammer yesterday found by a group of students on the DM nature trail. It looked almost the same.

Excellent. Going back out on Wednesday, if not tomorrow.

If that is the case, that would be outside of the Doppler Radar footprint(s).

Going back out on Wednesday, if not tomorrow.

has anyone calulated the full strewn field yet...there must be some bigger pieces waiting for you or them...

fred

Please be mindfull of private property, I have family that lives there and they are get bombared by hunters.. My cousins daughter was home by her self when three guys came all the way to her front door and tried to get her to let them look for the rocks on there property icon_eek.gif she told them no but they stayed and started get rough with her. icon_eek.gif So she let the dog loose on them then called the law. Now they and everybody else up there are locking there gates and putting up no trespass signs.......

No trespassing signs have been going up for the last three years because of the price of gold. There are stupid people out there, whether in cars driving or walking onto peoples property. The thoughts of riches are driving this.

Fred, strewn field via Doppler radar is out there. Most of the area is private.

Download Google Earth overlay: http://3dradar.wordpress.com/2012/04/22/canv-4222012-at-1556-utc/

If you use it, donate to the gentleman that generated it please. I gave $25.00.

No trespassing signs have been going up for the last three years because of the price of gold. There are stupid people out there, whether in cars driving or walking onto peoples property. The thoughts of riches are driving this.

Fred, strewn field via Doppler radar is out there. Most of the area is private.

Download Google Earth overlay: http://3dradar.wordp...12-at-1556-utc/

If you use it, donate to the gentleman that generated it please. I gave $25.00.

GeoJack,

Can you please call me? 928-247-2675

Thanks!

Jim

I wonder how wide the spread would be on that meteor. I have a claim not so far away from there and went there this last weekend.

Well theres a huge tree that very recently fell into the water from the hill. Its about 4 feet wide and something caused it to just shatter at the base. it left a huge rut going down the hill at least 150 feet. I know because I had to walk up around this thing to go down river but I never thought to look at what brought it down be it age or whatever. It looked like a healthy tree to me.

Its probably a long shot but man if a piece of that meteorite did that damage it must be a nice piece to completely take out an 100 foot pine tree.

Think I might have to go there this weekend and do some investigating before I go sniping.

I know its a long shot but never have i seen a tree get shattered like this on my claim before and its fresh fall, very fresh.

Although i would think it would start a fire or something, I dont know.

Sounds like the tree was struck by lightning.

ya probably something like that

Jerico,

We had a very dry winter and a lot of big trees have been coming down around here. Big old oaks and the pines. Work the root ball for gold.

Hey Jim (Desertsunburn),

Saw you on the local news (kcra 3) again tonight! Good interview. It was nice to meet you last week when you were here. Hope you find a big space rock this trip!

Matt