Nugget Shooter Forums

Florida Emeralds on 60 Minutes

Hey guys-

Tomorrow night there's a piece on 60 Minutes about the guy that found all those rough emeralds off the coast of Florida. I read something about this awhile back. Should be pretty interesting given the usual topics. Thought I would give a heads up.

Steve

I would have kept my mouth shut and sold at least enuf to cover the adventure.........lol!

Now everyone and their dog want's to lay claim to them. I feel kinda sorry for the dude.

Rim

I have often wondered how many people have picked up an emerald , while walking Florida beaches,and thrown it back thinking "beach glass or junk"...

fred

How true- Also wonder how many people found black, oxidized pieces of metal on the beach and skipped them back into the ocean only to find out years later they were silver reales.

Steve

I would have kept my mouth shut and sold at least enuf to cover the adventure.........lol!

Now everyone and their dog want's to lay claim to them. I feel kinda sorry for the dude.

Rim

Well - I would rather be in his position then mine.. :hahaha: You're right, he should have kept his mouth shut but easier said then done.

I saw some terrific specimens that would be worth a small fortune, regardless of providence. Just hope he lives long enough to enjoy the fruits of his labor...

Steve