Nugget Shooter Forums

Newbie from Phoenix Area

Joe Z

Hi Everybody,

I would like to hay Hi and Introduce myself...... We Moved here (My wife Linda and myself) from Pa Last July and just recently purchased an xterra 705 for coin shooting but am now getting bit by the gold bug real bad.....especially after finding this forum.... We recently went up to Lynx creek on Bonnie Mine Rd and met a few nice people there...... while I have not gone out and done any nuggett shooting yet i am still reading and learning and practicing in the yard with some BB's in Gold pan to see how good i could do and flattened a few lead pellets and buried them under ground to see how the MD would react.......I've watched many videos on detecting, dry and wet sluice and even a few looks on geocommunicator map for different areas to hunt...... I live very close to bill southerns shop and hopefully one day will get down there to talk to him in person..... I'm a retired Trucker and this sure seems like a great time to be had. Hope to meet most of you.

Joe

Hi Joe ... Welcome to the forum. Best lesson for you after all your practice is to get out in the field and test out what you have learned. If you don't know where to go please ask ... better yet in the area you are in join the GPAA and the Roadrunners. Road Runners have some good claims in the LSD (Little San Domingo) Wash area ... and yes a meet with Bill S would be a help as well since that is his back yard and he has been prospecting the area successfully for years. The 705 will treat you well ... Best Advice for that machine ... stay in the all metal mode when prospecting ... listen to the small breaks in threshhold(they are usually target signals not ground disturbance most of the time) and dig ALL targets.

Mike F

Thanks for the welcome everyone and frank thanks for that info on the 705 as i wasn't quite sure what mode to put it in and i will take my test pieces of lead in different sizes and see what it does :D

Joe