Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El Dorado

Bad News for Claim Holders

O.K., now I'm confused,...

In the packet that I received, under the heading "County Recorder Filing Requirements" it states,...

"In addition to filing with the BLM, file a 2012 Affidavit of Assessment Work OR Notice of Intent to Hold with the county recorter's office".

I understand this to either file the Affidavit of Assessment if you do the assessment work OR file the NOI if you pay the maint. fee.

As for the BLM, I have never filed a NOI, only the waiver and the affidavit.

Yes file the waiver--then labor and all covered and NO noi needed. That rental bs requires more filings than labor forms and no $140 fee to pay?? Live far away from your claims??EZ to fix as plenty of folks willing and able to perform the labor for a free day a mining. I've done it when my claims way down by Yosemite and me in shasta presented a problem--I'd much rather give up a days gold--that cost me nuttn'--than $140 and all the filings required for rent--rent my own property is bs and property taxes on claims in kalif is pure insanity-John

Fellows

Like most of us,I tend to look for the good points ,with any new rule or law,

and give the lawmakers the benefit of the doubt. After reading all the current

information and mulling things over,I don't believe that these rules have turned

out, to the original intent,of the rider. I believe that the politicians that included

that rider bungled it in their haste ,and no real good was originally intended.

Raising maintenance fees,is usually done ,to generate money to cover expense

for processing ,and management costs for the BLM. Up until this,I have always paid

maintenance fees,and was willing to contribute to the cause. Now most of us that

were willing to contribute,will be filing waivers,and the BLM will only get $10.00

each for processing notices of intent to hold,and proof of assessment work forms.

The BLM actually cut their own throats with these rules,as far as collecting more

funds. Now they are going to lose most of what they were collecting in yearly fees.

Also there will be a large drop in new association claim filings,and the initial filing

fees. Contrary to popular belief ,most all mining companies are incorporated,and

don't use the association claim system. They have always been limited to the 20

acre per each claim law,when staking or filing claims,or paying maintenance fees.

These new rules don't affect real mining companies,in any way.

I believe that the rider was slipped in as a test,at the last minute by some anti

mining politicians,to see how far they could go in the future. It worked this time,and

they will be refining their next move.The rider thing has been depriving us of our

land,roads,and rights ever since Obama and company took over. This has became

a popular tactic for gutting existing laws and rights without proper legislation,and

due consideration. It seems that none of those politicians actually read a package,

or the riders before passing it.

To avoid ambiguity and satisfy all possible BLM interpretations of their own rules, in regard to claims I pay a maintenance fee on I use the following heading when recording the payment of fees:

"Notice of Intent to Hold and Payment of Fees."

I do this because some of the personnel who man the windows at the various county recorder's offices know nothing about Federal legislation or BLM regulations. They are given a list of types of documents that commonly are filed and are instructed not to accept documents that are not listed and to collect recording fees accordingly. A "Notice of Intent to Hold" is one of these commonly listed documents. The Assessor-Recorder Office clerks may not know what to do with a document entitled, "Notice of Payment of Maintenance Fees" even though this is what the BLM prescribes in their "helpful" annual notices to claim holders. Thus, by combining the language as described above, I cover both bases, stay within either construction of the law and avoid a rejection of my paperwork.

Just my two cents worth.

To avoid ambiguity and satisfy all possible BLM interpretations of their own rules, in regard to claims I pay a maintenance fee on I use the following heading when recording the payment of fees:

"Notice of Intent to Hold and Payment of Fees."

I do this because some of the personnel who man the windows at the various county recorder's offices know nothing about Federal legislation or BLM regulations. They are given a list of types of documents that commonly are filed and are instructed not to accept documents that are not listed and to collect recording fees accordingly. A "Notice of Intent to Hold" is one of these commonly listed documents. The Assessor-Recorder Office clerks may not know what to do with a document entitled, "Notice of Payment of Maintenance Fees" even though this is what the BLM prescribes in their "helpful" annual notices to claim holders. Thus, by combining the language as described above, I cover both bases, stay within either construction of the law and avoid a rejection of my paperwork.

Just my two cents worth.

Makes sense to me.....

For what its worth, each county pretty much makes up their own rules as to what they accept and what they will and wont file. We always file an NOI and the fee, we have seen too many people lose claims over an argument or dispute of what is considered an acceptable form of work. For the difference of $140 you have the peace of mind of knowing that its done, and its done right.

Its amazing how the govt has been able to push people off land by denying their affadavits after the Dec. 1. date. Nothing that can be done at that point. As a side note, when we see these denials, its usually in a cluster of claims, and usually in a site that is being considered for Wilderness designation.