Nugget Shooter Forums

Newbie with a new GMT and I know nothing,,,,,,

wurthless

well I know which end of the MD to hold and which end goes on the ground. Been hunting with my Etrac and Silver uMax for over a year now and just had to start looking for placer gold here in the middle of all these bucket dredge piles. Wanted to say hello from NORCAL and start the learning curve,,,,,

I was talking with a guy here in San Diego who owns a shop called Ground Balance Extreme and he said the GMT was a pretty good machine with an easy learning curve so you should pick it right up having two other detectors. Good luck out there.

Hi Wurthless,

I'm a newbie myself as i just signed up today and lots to learn and this is my second post..... best of luck out there in cal.

Joe

You can make a "pretty good machine" a great machine with practice, skill and positive attiude...as vlf machines go the gmt is about equal to its competitors of similar price range...for 2000 bucks you might have got a fairly recent edition of the minelab pi series...certainly a 2100, 2200, gp extreme, 3500 and maybe a 4000 ( that would have been a deal)

the operator makes all the diff...

fred

the tdi was in the running but I decided to do a bit of prospecting and gauge my success to see if more machine was cost effective,,,, were I live digging is a nightmare and I did'nt want to spoil the fun without some valitity to there being au there