Nugget Shooter Forums

Got a question about the Blue Bowl

azdigger

Does anyone have any experience with the blue bowl. I never paid any attention to them but caught a video about one and now I wonder.....are they that good, are they worth the money..

Any opinions

Thanks

Some folks swear by them.

I found mine to be more a pain in the butt then worth the time.

A Henry Henry Poop Tube works better for me.

There just too slow and can't handle varying water pressures.

Some folks swear by them.

I found mine to be more a pain in the butt the worth the time.

A Henry Henry Poop Tube works better for me.

There just too slow and can't handle varying water pressures.

What he said... If you feed them with a small spoon and all is perfect as far as water flow and being level they do pretty well but WOW is it a slow painful way to clean up con's. Keep in mind that every tablespoon of black sands dumped into it effects also the water flow as it recovers from the momentary interruption in flow, get in any kind of hurry and its a waste of time.

I agree with Homefire, it looks simple enough to use but turned out to be a royal pain in the rear. When i first got one I looked at it and thought wow this looks easy enough, boy was I wrong! It's gotta be dead level the flow has to be perfect, they are slow and you have to feed it wet. I suppose its like anything else practice makes perfect but for me it's something I'm not looking forward to using again. Luckily they are cheap.

I really like the blue bowl myself but the downside is that the little amount of concentrates you can run at one time and the time you wait makes it a PAIN!!! definitely worth the money to try if your looking for something to do during the week nights... I'm trying to get a gold cube in a few months then I can really run some concentrates

I have a few buckets of material that I already ran through a concentrator. I classified it down to 100 mesh and would like to find somebody in the mother load region that has a table I can run my classified material through as a test to see how well the concentrator did it's job. Anybody with a table?

ELD is right I've had one for years and they ain't made for runnin all yer cons thru.

If you follow the manufacturers directions they are SUPER for seperating the fine gold from blonde/black sands an the silt.

WET SCREEN DOWN TO 30 MESH to start then the fun begins watch that zippidy toilet bowl vortex sweep away all the junk and git the snuffer bottle out to pick up the GOLD cause thats all thats left in the blue bowl. They should have called it the GOLD BOWL.

And it will run 50 an 100 mesh also. Follow the directions they can be had by googling it. I've had most all the toys/machines for wet workin gold and the only ones I've hung onto are the Letrap sluice and the Blue bowl, they're both tits on the ritz.

As long as the bowl is level and the flow is about right I've had no real problems with mine. As mentioned it is not for bucket after bucket of concentrates and more for a final clean-up of the smaller gold. But I've had mine filled more than halfway to the top with concentrates and just let it do its thing, and when I came back all that was left was the gold.

I tested it and found mine worked best when I set the flow where it was overflowing the edges of the bowl just barely from time to time. That kept it from bogging down and in my tests I did not lose any gold over the side. But sure to put some soap in the water to break the surface tension and keep the gold from floating.

I also have mine set to be a recirculating system, which saves water but can be a pain when it gets all cloudy. Patience is the key.

No soap never as bubbles float away fines--if ya jus' gotta add something make it Jet Dry(never a need in 30+ years of use) move the control valve a foot or so from the bowl to prevent C flow instead of O flow. Across from the inlet,wet,on the side and feather nicely whilst running it full to the brim--tons a au 2 u 2-John

no experience with the actual blue bowl, but I made my own blue bowl out of an angel food pan and a funnel. After everything I had to do to get it to work right, building it yourself really isnt worth the headache... if you're gonna buy one, buy one. Like everyone else said, its only for super fine stuff, I run sub-50 mesh through it and it works fantastic though. I've tried running bigger things and it just swirls around the bottom of the bowl, too heavy to lift out of. The pump I got for it didnt pump enough so I've been using a garden hose... plenty of water pressure that you dont need to feed it with a spoon. I put all my sub-50 cons in it at once and run it, come back in 15 mins and theres hardly anything left but gold dust. and a little bit of black sand that's trapped in the tiny cracks of my silicone, another reason to probably just buy one. I think it's neat though.

They work for what there made for! No Dought there.

Like a Table works too.

Just not for me.

I would rather run my stuff and keep the slops for Bleach and Muriatic. Halide Leach works most well for the left overs.

5 gal buckets with a 1/2 cup of meratic and 1/2 gal of Clorox . Let it set for a few weeks. Gotta Agitate it from time to time. (Just Shake the Bucket)

Drain off the juice and if it's yellow, you have gold. If it looks a bit red you have more Gold!

Drop in a bit of Zinc Powder and it turns into brown Mud. Yep. Good stuff.

Your gold will be 90% plus after you Melt.

More then one way to skin a cat!

Gold magic makes a great target for sighting in new scopes and explode righteously-Ifn' it ain't got a hole through the middle---it ain't worth a diddle-to each his own-tons a au 2 u 2---John

I already have one so I guess I can use it, it keeps the wife occupied. She just sits and feeds it leaving me alone to detect as I please.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I said soap but meant Jet Dry. Been away for too long.