Nugget Shooter Forums
Chris Coffee

Gold Basin Info

Hello All,

Now that I have a detector worth driving some distance to use (GPX5000), I would like to start hitting some areas in Az. and Nv. I keep hearing about and seeing posts about Gold Basin and would like to try that area. If I am correct it is north of Kingman and east of the I-93. I know there is supposed to be a couple of GPAA claims (Badhe Claims) in the vicinity, but was wondering if someone could give me some info on areas that are open to the public for detecting? Thanks in advance.

Chris

Hello All,

Now that I have a detector worth driving some distance to use (GPX5000), I would like to start hitting some areas in Az. and Nv.

Chris

I guess since all I have is a SD2200 , I shouldnt bother :idunno: Oh well, thanks for stopping me from wasting my time.

With a SD220 have to walk everywhere. But seriously do a search on this forum there're plenty of posts from past gatherings that give great directions to the GPA any claim site

hmmmm!!! I'm waiting for a GPS controlled detector that takes me everywhere without worrying about whos land it is....... :hahaha:

Wow, a real bunch of classy people on this forum. Hahaha......classic!

And just so I don't hurt anybody elses precious little sensitive feelings, I guess I should clarify that I didn't see the point in driving 3-4 hours to detect a spot that has been hammered with PI machines for years with a little GB Pro VLF. But take it as you will!

There are several clubs that have claims there join one of then or all. Stay off the private claims there are lots.

Justin.....thank you for the honest post. I don't have a problem joining clubs at all. I just don't know which clubs have the claims there. I will look into it.

Chris, google these , GPAA GSSN MPA theyre all up there.

And just so I don't hurt anybody elses precious little sensitive feelings, I guess I should clarify that I didn't see the point in driving 3-4 hours to detect a spot that has been hammered with PI machines for years with a little GB Pro VLF. But take it as you will!

Geeezzzz.... What the heck did I do??

NUTTIN HONEY, DOCTOR SAY TAKE 2 NUGGETS AN CALL ME IN DA MORNIN

Chris:

You might also think about coming to some of the outings that the different forums have.

Bill has a couple and Bunk has a couple. Its a great time to get out and meet others and see where claims and such are.

I worked a area that had been supposedly hit hard with my 5g and found a metiorite....theres gold and metiorites in Gold basin. Just have to get the coil over them. I would stay out of the washes....thats where everyone goes.

Tom H.

Adam....you did nothing, sir! I was being facetious. I sometimes forget that reading a monitor doesn't exactly display true meaning. Sorry if you took it the wrong way!!!

Chris:

You might also think about coming to some of the outings that the different forums have.

Bill has a couple and Bunk has a couple. Its a great time to get out and meet others and see where claims and such are.

I worked a area that had been supposedly hit hard with my 5g and found a metiorite....theres gold and metiorites in Gold basin. Just have to get the coil over them. I would stay out of the washes....thats where everyone goes.

Tom H.

Tom,

Thank you. I have been planning to go to one of the outings and unfortunately missed the last one. I was unable to attend most of them in Az. because I had nothing but a old pickup I didn't trust to not leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere. I just bought a new 2012 Ram 1500 so now I can go and not worry about that so I will be attending them now. Thanks again.

Tom,

Thank you. I have been planning to go to one of the outings and unfortunately missed the last one. I was unable to attend most of them in Az. because I had nothing but a old pickup I didn't trust to not leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere. I just bought a new 2012 Ram 1500 so now I can go and not worry about that so I will be attending them now. Thanks again.

Well, I'm not so sure that a 2012 Ram willl help you with NOT geting stranded in the middle of nowhere. But it should get you 1/2 way to Gold Basin before you need to call a wrecker. :ROFL:

Well, I'm not so sure that a 2012 Ram willl help you with NOT geting stranded in the middle of nowhere. But it should get you 1/2 way to Gold Basin before you need to call a wrecker. :ROFL:

LOL.....I guess it is always a possibility, but I have a 1000 year/1,000,000 mile warranty on it so let Chrysler deal with the problem, I say! And since I went from a Dakota to a Ram I would imagine that halfway is a pretty worthy distance...hahaha! Wishing you many nuggies!!!!!

Yo Chris... I promote the various clubs by offering larger maps to their claims ... Check it out ... Cheers, Unc

Chris glad to hear you upgraded to the 5000,Now as for gold basin yes its hammared,yes its all claimed up,some good claims and clubs to go with them claims,But dont forget whats in your own back yard.....Head east my friend.....toward the river.i think you would fair better..my thoughts T-Bone