Nugget Shooter Forums

New (?) Detector

Uncle Ron

There's a new, to me anyway, detector being promoted from Europe ... It's called the Nokta Golden Sense and the website says the technology is "Induction Balance" ... I've never heard of that ... Claim is that it can discriminate between gold and other metals and has many times the depth ... Anybody know anything about this critter? Nokta Golden Sense Website ... Cheers, Unc

Suuuuushhhh!!! Don't tell Bill!!! lol! WoW!! 1100 sounds like cool beans! hmmm!!!!

Tk's pondmn!

I didn't want to look...but will now.

Rim

It is a VLF from what I have heard and incorporates some new tech advances.... Looks interesting and anyone planning on trying one out?

From Adrian,

Yes it is a VLF Ib type operating at 17.5khz.

Pretty much all VLF detectors today and for the past 40 years have been induction balance.

Bill,

a lil skepticism going on over on the aus board so i think i'll wait and see.

Rim

I have been in this business and hunting nuggets for a long time now and have seen many new detectors come and go. All the talk in the world means nothing until the detector is tested by a real prospector or miner in the goldfields. The chaff separates from the wheat pretty quickly then....

We'll just have to wait until they begin talking about performance in the field and that is the time to listen.

Rim is that $1100.00 USD or 1100.00 Euro? A big difference...

$1100.00 Euro is $1441.97 USD

Garimpo,

Actually it's under a grand usd. Until you add tax....... :hahaha:

Rim

17.5 khz vlf...sounds a bit like a hopped up LST.

Give it more juice---no threshold

Does have a feature I would like other manufactors follow---coil cord feed thru shaft ---

17.5 khz vlf...sounds a bit like a hopped up LST.

Give it more juice---no threshold

Does have a feature I would like other manufactors follow---coil cord feed thru shaft ---

Mac,

I like that feature too. Guess that's why they did away with the zig and zag style shaft. Definitely makes sense. But I wonder how balanced it is.

Rim