Nugget Shooter Forums

450 MILLION .40 HOLLOW POINTS...

And yet they frown at any other formed militia. Wonder how many 50 calibur rounds they contracted for ?

This seems to be a huge amount considering the average officer qualifies quarterly and used 50 rounds per qualification. This would amount to two hundred rounds per officer. Even if they qualified monthly it would still only be 300 rounds per officer per year. Hope for a lot of surplus for us to buy at a cheap rate......

pondmn gotta remember their now hiring a lot of women officers....more than once I was amazed to see

women officers trying to qualify in a two day event and didn't qualify with 500 rounds....

Don't say that to my girlfriend Carol. She and her Sig 229 are a deadly combo ... she and that compact 9mm are a shooting machine ... Not going to challenge her to a duel! :) She was lucky though ... she was trained by one of the best woman shooters I have ever met ... Linda Harris. She used to be with Sig Arms Academy in Epping NH ... now she and husband George are running their own school out of Brentwood NH ... but I digress! Carol took her training to heart and put it to use ... my guess is that the female officers you are referencing have not had the right formal training. Having trained a few female shooters myself ... I found they do not learn to shoot well the same way a man does. But with the right instructor they WILL out shoot a similarily trained man in most cases. Just my opinion!

Mike F

Johnno.

Now I'm in trouble :hide: , I show my wife that video, and now she wants one for Christmas, when I told her it was not a production firearm she got mad :smack: and told me not to show her anything like that again unless she could have one!!!

Au Seeker ... I feel your pain ... Carol is the same way. I sent her to BOW (Becoming an Outdoors Woman) and she took 3 shooting classes over the weekend. I rpomised her a gun if she could show me a decent target. Little did I know she was going to be instructed by one of the best female shooters and instructors in the country. Damned if she didn't put a 13 round magazine load of 9mm's inside the diameter of a 3#coffee can. She now owns a Sig 229 9mm. I got a Kahr PM9 9mm pocket pistol for easier CC ... guess what ... she wants one. I am also going to get a Sig 556 rifle ... got to hide it from her! I've created a monster ... but I am loving ever minute of it ... I won't ever have to worry about my backup's ability to shoot ... nor will she. Guns can be a lot of fun! ... as well as an absolute necessity in today's world.

Mike F

Mike I think going to OSOW ( Out Shooting a Outdoors Woman) would be a waste of time for you buddy....

instead try OROW ( Out Running a Outdoors Woman).....

At least you and Au S. have got the right idea about training your women...

Too much weight put on this winter to outrun Carol right now ... another month or two is another story ... bicycle and kayaking take it off fast! only trouble then will be to outrun the bullet!!! I ain't no Superman! ... a good man ... a getting better man yes! ... but no bid "S" on my chest!

Taught a lot of women to shoot and shoot well ... funny they are willing to listen to instruction ... guys ... well ... not so much! :grr01::rolleyes:

Mike F

Mike I agree about women being good shooters. As a range master I learned most women don't have any preconceived ideas about shooting and also take instruction better. Therefore, they become serious competitors. The only thing we had issues with at Parole was we were in a quick draw, point not aim situation with two inch barrels. Women are short waisted and if they put their finger on the trigger rather than pointing down the barrel until the weapon was fully drawn and on the target one would occassionally shoot themselves in the hip. A tampon was always carried in the first aid kit to deal with this problem. I never experiened having to deal with this as I always tried to reinforce the idea of draw without your finger on the side of the trigger guard until the weapon w as fully drawn. Don't underestimate a woman with a gun in a contest or you might lose........

Mike I too have had to take off a few pounds. Iam now 25 pounds lighter than last summer and feel better. I have a goal for another twenty five pounds off before the end of the year. It is hard to take of wieght in the winter cold as much of my exercise is walking.

A few life times ago I was lucky/unlucky to be listed as a member of a International Rifle Team :rolleyes: that's how we were billed

and a few times we actually got to compete....had a big match coming up in another country and really got in a few days of

practice....big day of the match...M1 Garands with iron sitghts...

Survived the fantastic Marine Corp sandwiches for lunch then more bang bang.....hot...sweaty...thirsty...tired to the bone...

waiting for the results....

Results: 1st place a Marine Corp Sgt. a sleeve full of hash marks....no surprise there

2nd place a Marine Corp Sgt. with one more hash mark than the other one....then he went over and gave the other Sgt. a

big hug and kiss....and said good shooting honey to HIS WIFE!!!! :th: I swear a true story.....

Johnno.

Now I'm in trouble :hide: , I show my wife that video, and now she wants one for Christmas, when I told her it was not a production firearm she got mad :smack: and told me not to show her anything like that again unless she could have one!!!

Skip, I'm so sorry. Do apologize to your wife and if she wants to rip the skin off me, she's welcome. There's not much left on it. It's not tasty, kat has already picked off the good pieces. I don't even think I'm going to get $1.50 from the swap meet

Skip, I'm so sorry. Do apologize to your wife and if she wants to rip the skin off me, she's welcome. There's not much left on it. It's not tasty, kat has already picked off the good pieces. I don't even think I'm going to get $1.50 from the swap meet

Don't worry Johnno, I have plenty of skin left for her to get a grip on only because I can run faster than her, but she does have to catch me to do any ripping, as long as I don't trip and fall down I'll be in good shape!!! :brows:

Skip