Nugget Shooter Forums

Found this while out looking for new ground yesterday

Pretty sure I now know but does anybody else know what this camo'd up pole would be doing in a pretty remote area about 6 miles from the nearest road?

Going back there today since we didn't quite reach were we wanted to yesterday. Even though the wash we ended up testing was not the one we wanted to test we found good color anyway.Funny how things like that work out sometimes.

post-812-0-27663500-1333287406_thumb.jpg

I'm curious!! Looks at first glance to be a radio relay of some sort - Amateur, maybe?

The antenna appears to be cut for around 144 Mhz. (2 Meters) and isn't that a little

solar panel on top, too? My guess is a HAM repeater.

KarlB

Just a few wild guesses. Maybe some type of booster for 2 way radios to communicate at further distances. Maybe a antenna for listening in on others conversations. Maybe someone that camps there uses it for tv reception. Or maybe it's for ham radio users similiar to my first guess.

Pretty sure I now know but does anybody else know what this camo'd up pole would be doing in a pretty remote area about 6 miles from the nearest road?

Going back there today since we didn't quite reach were we wanted to yesterday. Even though the wash we ended up testing was not the one we wanted to test we found good color anyway.Funny how things like that work out sometimes.

I'm sure wondering what....

It also looks kinda like the antenna's game wardens use to track radio collared game animals, kinda, and bein one stationed at a particular location might have a transmitter with it so when a particular collared animal got in close proximity of it, a signal would be transmitted lettin a wildlife biologist know critter # so-n-so wandered through there. Lets em kinda keep track of em without havin to actually, continuously stay in the field, maybe?

If it's close to PV I'd agree with the radiation sensor theory...Cheers, Unc

Found it today to be right in line with maricopa counties emergency management's J10 early warning system map for a radiation plume release so certain thats what it is. Hiked up a volcano today in search of gold also. Still need to pan it all out but the ground looked good.

Volcano? Seismic?

Do your looking on the first third of the volcano.

After that is a waist of time.

I saw one just like that about 5 miles East of Primm NV two weeks ago. Out in the middle on nowhere. With the same ghetto camo paint job and all.