Nugget Shooter Forums

Out cropping in Motherlode

Looking for some feedback from some pros! Would you have this out cropping assayed and do a little digging? These pics are from just one part of the out cropping that is fairly large with a lot of quartz. Metal detector goes hot when I touch it. This property has several old mines that produced. I am just a rookie looking for some advice...Thx

post-26194-0-41493300-1333064323_thumb.j

post-26194-0-43339800-1333064324_thumb.j

post-26194-0-15272100-1333065095_thumb.j

post-26194-0-17071300-1333066955_thumb.j

First off diamond i'm more of a rookie then you are. But from what I have read about on this message board but have never seen. that to me in my mind is what a decomposing load would look like. But wait for one of the pros to come along and take a look.

Is this on your claim diamond?

Mighty pretty stuff.

First off diamond i'm more of a rookie then you are. But from what I have read about on this message board but have never seen. that to me in my mind is what a decomposing load would look like. But wait for one of the pros to come along and take a look.

Is this on your claim diamond?

Mighty pretty stuff.

Yes the property belongs to me. It is some interesting looking rock formation; I have never seen anything like it. I am hoping someone will chime in and school me! By the way Rimshot there is no way you are greener then me...lol! Thanks for commenting

Yes the property belongs to me. It is some interesting looking rock formation; I have never seen anything like it. I am hoping someone will chime in and school me! By the way Rimshot there is no way you are greener then me...lol! Thanks for commenting

Uuuuummm Diamond,

The only gold prospecting I have done has been on e-bay.... :hahaha:

Rim

oooohh... looks like rolled quartz with shale, slate, or granite. I have this kind of stuff here. that's some of the best I've seen.

can you give us some zoomed out pics of the area. is it on a hill side, top, ravine?

you'll most certainly find gold in that, try to break the quartz clean away from the other stuff. you should find ultra fine dust between the two.

also try to find places wear the layers of strata have shifted. you'll find pocket gold in the cracks. dig a hole in the dirt around the area untill you hit hard pan and look for ~1 inch thick quartz viens you'll find the highest amount of dust stuck between the layers here. you may get lucky and find a load vien. in my area things cooled too fast to form any real viens. but you never know I'm still looking.

could be metamorphic rock. how hard is the dark material?

are you in the foothills.

diamondbackexc.....your right in my county.I'm in Angels Camp.......Do some basic sampling.Been doing that stuff for 35 years and if want some info meet me at Rodz grille in Angels and I'll give you a few tips.....find a copy of this book which can be bought online for $8-$40 depending on condition and edition Handbook for Prospectors by Vonbernewitz or newer editions by Richard Pearl.The main library in San Andreas might have the book/or they can order it for you.Also read my quickly written basic sampling paper here.

oooohh... looks like rolled quartz with shale, slate, or granite. I have this kind of stuff here. that's some of the best I've seen.

can you give us some zoomed out pics of the area. is it on a hill side, top, ravine?

you'll most certainly find gold in that, try to break the quartz clean away from the other stuff. you should find ultra fine dust between the two.

also try to find places wear the layers of strata have shifted. you'll find pocket gold in the cracks. dig a hole in the dirt around the area untill you hit hard pan and look for ~1 inch thick quartz viens you'll find the highest amount of dust stuck between the layers here. you may get lucky and find a load vien. in my area things cooled too fast to form any real viens. but you never know I'm still looking.

could be metamorphic rock. how hard is the dark material?

are you in the foothills.

Great info...thanks you guys! Its on a secondary knoll coming off a pretty good size hill. I will take some more pics of the area; just 200' below this there is a mine shaft that goes about 200' back into the hill that was worked hard back in the day. I will check to see how hard the dark material is and am going to start doing a little digging.

David, I am not to far from you; just a little north.

Even if they ain't much or any gold in that outcrop, the diversity of the mineralization, lookin kinda, very unique of the outcrop itself, it would be worth cuttin, slicin, and polishin some specimens just fer display and or sale at yer local rock and mineral shows, lots of different color and contamination there. A half dozen 10-20lb. polished specimens might fetch some good money.