Nugget Shooter Forums

NEW ITEM, The XP DEUS

Hi All,

As of now NuggetShooter is offering the newest in wireless detecting technology the XP DEUS http://www.nuggetshooter.com/Coin/Coinmain.html and I should have them in stock by early next week so I can try one and share my experience with it. This new detector is getting raving reviews across the board from users and following is a good article on the XP Deus http://www.metaldete...hp?t=13782&f=80

A Youtube video..

Yes this detector will hear a good target even with iron trash laying on top of it!

I will add more as I check this detector out and I think I will get my bud Mike C. to have a go with it as well.

Retail is 2299.00 NuggetShooter Price 1899.00

Mike From everything I've read and watching the video's on this detector is positive. I am already using a bungee cord on my 5000 and now I am having to use one on my coin detectors due to fibromylasia in my shoulders. I especially like the fact they are light weight and cordless. Jerry

Jerry did you read awhile back my post on how to chest mount the control box for the Minelabs? It's simple

and easy and sure takes the weight off the arm and shoulders....this is how I use my machine when I'm

beeping the slave digs....rest of the time I just use a hip-stick....

Jerry ... and others who may have pain after swinging for a couple hours ... when I read your post about the shoulder problems I came to the same conclusion as Don. Try the hipstick if you haven't already ... many have said it makes all the difference even with the average and smaller coils if you have shoulder or elbow problems.

The other thing I see out there is that many people do ... and probably don't realize it... is that they swing their arm from the shoulder way too much. Next time out try locking your elbow close to your side and swing more from the hips. in otherwords use the upper body more to swing the detector. The other problem I see that tires folks out is there swing arc is way too big ... they try to cover too much ground with each swing. You don't need nor should you have a 180 degree arc to your swing ... if that is you and you do it with your arm and shoulder alone you will only further aggrivate the problem you have already. Keep your swing more to the swing arm side of your body. For example starting at the right side (with a right arm swing) as far to the right side as is comfortable but not behind you ... swing through a line straight in front of you to maybe 15 to 20 degrees to the left of that center ine and return back to the starting point on the right side. I stumbled on this after having what felt like tennis elbow ... now I can swing all day without pain using this method. The arc of my swing is now about 115 degrees rather than 180. I came from the VLF on the beach crowd starting back on the late 1980's when I first came into this game swinging fast and wide with a much lighter machine I might add. Habit brought me into pain when I started swinging my first minelab ... a GP3000 back in 2002. A couple years later ... I'm a slow learner sometimes! :) ... I figured out what was causing the pain ... no pain for a number of years now using this method. And the best part is that I can swing a whole day now not just a couple hours.

Try it ... you might like it.

Mike F

Yes I have had to change my swing and the way I detect. I tried the hipstick and prefer to hang a bungee cord off the D ring on my hydration pack. In competition hunting I have an extra long shaft and try to swing a wider path and have paid for it. I now use a smaller swing path and it helps. I like the idea of keeping the elbow tucked in to help the pain issue. If I am gold detecting it is low and slow anyway. The problems with CFED'S fibromylasia is that I get phantom pain and just have to live with it. A lot of pain killers and muscle relaxers. Just don't like to take them as I don't like how the affect me and never when driving. Obviously we are getting older and paying for our younger wild ways and didn't think they would catch up with us. Thanks for the helps. Jerry

Jerry ... I hear you on the meds ... I try to stay away ... very low tolerance to most and most doctors prescribe way to big a dose for me even after I tell them my problem ... getting older sucks but the alternative is unacceptable so far!

Thanks Bucket ... Just imagine how powerful a book we could write if all of us contributed one idea or successful tactic into one volume! We all have something good or even great to contribute that will or would make the prospector's life easier for everyone ... then again everyone would be doing this! :) Maybe we should skip the book part! :) :)

Mike F

Mike I hit the park yesterday with Doc's swingythingy and kept my elbow tucked. Hunted for over two hours in a hard hit park and did not have to take extra meds last night. Now how much did you say the minimum wage is? Well I got enough to eat at Micky D's and had a little clad to spare. My buddy showed me a nice 14kt diamond ring he picked up last week. The problem with some of our local parks and schools is that the gardeners love to run over aluminum cans with the mower and grind them into the lawn. Jerry

Jerry ... Glad to hear my little elbow trick worked for you ... makes the post all worth while if to know only one guy gets to have less pain and get more enjoyment out of the hobby! Mike F.