Nugget Shooter Forums

HORRAY ARIZONA....

March 27, 2012

Arizona Pro-Hunting Bill Passes Senate, Goes to Governor Brewer

The Arizona Senate passed an important pro-hunting bill this afternoon by a 20 to 9 vote. House Bill 2728, which would allow hunters in Arizona to use lawfully-possessed suppressors (also referred to as silencers) on firearms for hunting, passed in the state House on February 28 by a 42 to 14 vote. HB 2728 now goes to Governor Jan Brewer for her approval.

I guess all pro-hunting, pro-gun legislation that gets passed is a good thing, but I personally have never seen a surpresser that actually works... It's been like bang to bang ... Not much difference ... I think AZ hit a home run by eliminating the requirement for a CCW altogether ... Can't get much better than that! ... I love Arizona ... Cheers, Unc

But you need to practice using a suppressor.

A common misperception is that suppressing a weapon will cause it to suddenly become wildly inaccurate. Generally, better designed suppressors don't hurt accuracy - they merely shift the point of impact. Say you fire off a string of bullets from a rifle, and they all impact within a 1" circle at 100 yards. Now you attach a suppressor. When you fire again, aiming at the circle that you made before, the bullets will probably not be on - the point of impact will be shifted a few inches. However, if you fire off a string of bullets, aiming at the first circle, the suppressed shots will all land in a 1" circle a few inches away from the first one. Therefore, if one practices aiming with a suppressor and without, one can learn to compensate for what the suppressor does to the trajectory of the bullet. The MK23 pistol’s suppressor, for instance, affects the point of aim by roughly two inches at 25 yards.

http://counterstrike...om/suppress.htm

Ron ... that is part of the point. There are however some extremely high tech, true 'silencers' that will take the normal sound of a shot fired through a bare muzzel and make it a mere whisper ... BUT that is not what this legislation spreading slowly across the country is trying to do. It is merely trying to reduce the muzzel noise low enough to protect the shooter's hearing as most hunters don't hunt with hearing protection. And secondly using suppression in urban commercial shooting ranges keeps piece with the neighborhood. This law is good for everyone ... I don't see where it has serious detrimental consequences. There of course will always be the 1% factor that uses it for illicit and illegal purposes but they won't be the ones obtaining the suppressors legally anyway.

Just my :twocents: worth!

Mike F

I think the honeycomb willl slow down the first few shots, Mr G..

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/10/16/worlds-largest-gun-suppressor/ :WOW: ( for a large artillery gun)