Nugget Shooter Forums

A beautiful day in Honker Heaven

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Bill and All,

I had a great day in Honker Heaven right up until I smacked a 4 pennyweighter with my pick and cracked in all the way through :grr01: I guess I've been hang'n to long with some other guy that likes pick marks on his gold. :arrowheadsmiley: Lil Bro had a previous engagement today so it was up to me to clean up the honker patch. :D

Hope you enjoy the pictures... I don't know what the big one weights... still has to much rock on it.

post-86-0-36293900-1332810870_thumb.jpg

Hi Bill and All,

I had a great day in Honker Heaven right up until I smacked a 4 pennyweighter with my pick and cracked in all the way through :grr01: I guess I've been hang'n to long with some other guy that likes pick marks on his gold. :arrowheadsmiley: Lil Bro had a previous engagement today so it was up to me to clean up the honker patch. :D

Hope you enjoy the pictures... I don't know what the big one weights... still has to much rock on it.

goldstudmuffin,

Could you save a little for me dammit? It might be 3 or 4 years before I can get out that way.....whaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :grr01:

But oh well, VERY NICE GOLD!!!

Rim

I too am having a blast with this and sharing your excitement with us is really cool Mr Muffin Man! This is what keeps us all going and congratulations on what appears to be the patch of a lifetime. You deserve it....

Were you using a different setup to find these nuggets? Has the patch size increased? Just curious about the details of you patch. Coil, settings, depth, etc. Thanks for sharing your finds.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Were you using a different setup to find these nuggets? Has the patch size increased? Just curious about the details of you patch. Coil, settings, depth, etc. Thanks for sharing your finds.

Hi Matt,

I was using the 24" in round mono. The modded 3500 now has a gain that when you fire it up the gain is twice as high as a stock 3500 with out touching the gain knob, 90% of the time I end up turning it down because it gets too noisey. I turned it all the way up and maxed out all my settings ( it has 2 deep setting one is a modd) I don't normaly hunt with with it this way because it it too noisey but I was able to pick out a good signal amoungest the noise. Normaly I can get this detector to run dead quite and that can mean more depth. The other nugget was found because I've raked about 4" off the top of the ground.

Alright Mr. Muffin;

I came out of LurkerLand just to add my continuing congratulations to you and your AWESOME finds. I hope you find MORE :ROFL:

Please keep us informed of your success. I am learning lots!

Chris

Guest goldstudmuffin

Wow, Russ. You are really cleaning up in that patch. Is it in AZ? Who did your 3500 mods (I think I know) and which ones did you have done?

Hi Glenn,

Yup it's in Arizona. Ishmael Jones did about 4 different mods to my 3500, I don't think he offers the gain mod anymore. Mine was done over 2 years ago and I'm not up to date on what he's doing now, best to contact him.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Thanks All,

This patch has been a blast! I got them cleaned up and the big one weights 6 dwt and the other one weights 4 dwt so a total 10 dwt for the day. In case you couldnlt tell I had to chisel the big one out of bedrock. :barnie:

post-86-0-59814400-1332895894_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-37690900-1332895923_thumb.jpg

Those are beauties, Russ ... I'd tumble them and polish, then have El Dorodo apply his magic freely ... They are awesome and, with the right massage, much more valuable than the gold weight ... Cheers, Unc

Hi Studmuffin

Awesome find well done, do you have access to a drywasher? I reckon there would be a huge amount of fines there for the taking, could be some good pay dirt to get back to when you have done it to death with the detector especially since you have raked off 4".let us know how you go.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Studmuffin

Awesome find well done, do you have access to a drywasher? I reckon there would be a huge amount of fines there for the taking, could be some good pay dirt to get back to when you have done it to death with the detector especially since you have raked off 4".let us know how you go.

Cheers

Lee

Good idea Lee...no telling how much gold is in the loose dirt just waiting for someone that likes dust....

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Studmuffin

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

That is a great thought... I have a very good friend that is a master with the goldbug II and I've already had him check for the little stuff and so far there isn't any. Just big ones!

Hi Studmuffin

Cheers

Lee

Agreed it would be well worth a try....