Nugget Shooter Forums

Some baby honkers...

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Bill and All,

Lil Bro said he had to work on his truck today so I hit the honker patch today with my wife... and to my suprise I didn't get'm all after all. :rolleyes: Do you think there are any more? :tisk-tisk: The big one was just a wobble in the threshold and the signal never got any louder until I had dug off 6" off the top and when I got down to about 22" there were targets everywhere... :brows: all 4 nuggets come out of the same hole. :WOW:

The big baby honker weights just under 12 dwt, total weight is 16.5 dwt. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

post-86-0-50042800-1332637550_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-67789000-1332637578_thumb.jpg

Admit it, Russ, it was Mrs. Russ that found 'em :)

Good on ya man. I just need to find a little piece and I'd be happy.

First I gotta figure out this dang detector, though.

Cool finds, Russ ... Looks like you and Scotty got some trenching to do! ... Looking forward to see your latest finds cleaned up ... Cheers, Unc

Guest goldstudmuffin

Thanks All,

I ran out of nictric acid and tried to clean them up in pool acid and they still have some rock on them. I think the 2 bigger ones are going into the sandblaster. I think Fred will notice the ironstone on the big nugget, if you look at them all 4 nuggets have some iron on them.

post-86-0-29428700-1332721032_thumb.jpg

Guest goldstudmuffin

Russ is it possible to get some tractor work on that patch.....you might be surprised what's 3-4' deep....

Hi Don it's a big hassel dealing with the BLM... they want a POO, bond money, and then reclaimation. I have a small gannen that you pull behind a quad but I've never used it and I can't see it clearing more than a few inches of the lose stuff on top. I guess it's better than a rake.

I was going to try to get John B to ride on the gannen but I think we would need A D8 Cat to pull it! :hahaha:

Cool finds, Russ ... Looks like you and Scotty got some trenching to do! ... Looking forward to see your latest finds cleaned up ... Cheers, Unc

Hi Unc, I'm getting to old for trenching and for that matter digging 2 foot + holes in caliche.

post-86-0-88066300-1332721545_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-98245600-1332721572_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-24409000-1332721602_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-76305500-1332721640_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-07448200-1332721719_thumb.jpg

Stud:

Man.......your making me throw up! :) great finds!!!

If it were me....I would go in with a shovel...sit my butt down on the area im turning nugs out of ....and scrape...scrape scrape.

You will be surprised at what moving 8-10 inches of overburden will do.especially on the next day :) ..then hit it with all your coils..

Big, small, and inbetween. Monkey with the gain/tuning...hit it again...then leave it for a couple of months....then hit it again! Come back fresh, You will be surpirsed at what you hear...

Hope you get some more out of it.

Tom H.

Clean with non sudsing ammonia-CLR-drain cleaner crystals (caustic soda) or pool acid muriatic or hydrochloric-SANDBLASTER :grr01: not me never ever and a no way jose-tons a au 2 u 2 -John