Nugget Shooter Forums

C-Ya Sunday

Off to Turkey Creek and hope to find enough water to run the 2 inch dredge for a day or two. Dyllon just turned 7 and this is what his big wish was to camp out and dredge with Grandpa, but everything is closed yet till the 15th except for our claims on lower Turkey Creek so off we go.

Mikayla is going as well and we will have a big time!

Haderly ... I have seen water in the creek every time I crossed at the RR claims at the Senator Highway. That's why I told Bill to go there rather than Big Bug which is dry as a bone every where I crossed it.

Mike F

Had a great trip and man I think it may have been one of the best ever.... Oh the gold you ask :ROFL: 2 specks after several runs in different spots.... Been hammered where we were I guess cause the bedrock was really looking good and all was right for gold to be deposited, but it weren't there....

Still one of the best trips ever and we walked, caught snails, checked out stuff, rock collected, swam in a 5 foot deep hole, dog got nailed by a skunk, washed her, and lots of other stuff. Dyllon said "Grandpa" about 100,000 times as he asked about things and....

Well did I say we had a great trip? Hey Mike didn't see ya?

Well Bill, that about sums it up. A unique memory, one that will last forever. You are one hell of a lucky man. I love the part about "grandpa". Cherish those thoughts and never forget them. Hell, snails, rocks, bugs, grass, whatever ... isn't it great to be alive. You have had one happy weekend

Bill sounds like a great trip was had by all! I didn't make it out all weekend .. things came up and to top it all off I have some old dental work that came loose and became super sensative to anything colder than 98.6 degrees ... hot stuff was oK but even breathing the cooler air got the sinuses cooled off and then the throbbing would start so off to the dentist sometime wednesday or thursday. Got things scheduled for Monday and Tuesday that have been on the books too long to cancel now. Motrin takes care of most of it thankfully.

Mike F

Of course being a grand parent is better than being a parent...

You get to spoil them rotten, feed them all ye bad/junk food, screw up their sleep schedule, and generally have all the fun possible while completely unraveling all the good habits - then hand them back to mom n dad to deal with the fallout :)

Where is the down side other than aches and pains after trying to keep up with the little rugrats' energy and exuberance... which fade quickly as you recall the fun that resulted in said aches and pains :D