Nugget Shooter Forums

Hey Prescott area folks

Do you know if the Big Bug is flowing enough to run a small dredge? Usually is this time of year, but taking the grand son and daughter up there and trying to figure out what equipment to take. It is Dyllon's birthday and he wants do work in the water after seeing dredging on TV so I'd like to make it happen for him. I have some club claims I can work above Cordes Junction if there is water...

Bill ... Just a little trickle yesterday ... you may be better off at RR claims at turkey creek ... that has been flowing all winter. I may be heading to Cleator later today for a looksee at some claims ... if the Bug is running with any serious flow through Mayer or Cordes Junction I'll let you know.

Mike F

Bill ... Sorry to say the Big Bug is dry as a bone at all 4 locations crossing Rte 69 through Mayer. It is also dry where it crosses I-17 almost as soon as you get off the on ramp. I left a message on your cell earlier today too. Further up stream you may find some water.

Mike F

Good thing ... I was sweating it out after reading another post saying there wasn't any there all winter ... but then I knew there was because my wet boots said so! So did you get any gold? And how about the wind ... did you get all the wind we have had all last night and today?

Mike F

Hey Mike - Thanks for the information. I may be heading up that way again this weekend. You said water is flowing at Senator Hwy crossing but do you know if any is flowing at forest road 93 which runs directly north of Cleator? I believe the bedrock is a little deep at that spot so it takes a bit more water before you see surface flow. Now that I know water is flowing further upstream I am trying to nail down some weekend plans.

H ... Last time I was out toward Senator and T Creek was about 3 weeks ago ... water was flowing pretty well. That is about 100 yds down stream from the northern tip of the RR claims if that helps you. It is on a RR claim.

Mike F

• 3 weeks later...

Only had a pan with me... but got a few specks in each pan, off bedrock, on the side of someones old dredge hole. The only thing I have down here to work wet, is my Letrap sluice. Not quite enough waterflow to run that big hunk o plastic! There were a few deeper holes that had plenty of water to run a small dredge though. I've got my Proline 4" with me... but F.S. has limited all dredges in the Bradshaw district to 3" :tisk-tisk: Wonder if I neck down the nozzle... legal? Hmmmmmm probably not worth foolin with! I'll take it back to Alaska this summer and leave it there.

Good luck Bill, thats great that you can get the young'ens out for a while