Nugget Shooter Forums

Danger on the back trails

SGTFDA

If you are out prospecting and a bad event happens do not accept a ride from Glenn if he happens upon the scene in his Rhino. I repeat do not get in the Rhino! I don't care how bad the event may be. Your life will be in extreme danger if you get in that thing with him driving. Better to shoot him and take the Rhino. Oh my sore back.

If you are out prospecting and a bad event happens do not accept a ride from Glenn if he happens upon the scene in his Rhino. I repeat do not get in the Rhino! I don't care how bad the event may be. Your life will be in extreme danger if you get in that thing with him driving. Better to shoot him and take the Rhino. Oh my sore back.

:yuckyuck:

Oh My God, Frank. That is too funny! :hahaha:

I agree I should not have been hauling out of there so fast (20-25mph actually). I didn't want that rig to pass us and be eating dust the whole way back. Little did I know he was having to work his tail off to keep up.

You can take the desert racer to the desert, but you can't expect him to always putt around :ROFL:

Playing in the mud with my daughter today was mucho fun... until the hail and lightning started. It got freaking COLD! And those little ice balls HURT when they hit your lips! Laurel had a blast, and that's all that matters. Just got through washing it... in the rain. At least I didn't have to worry about the soap drying.

I just gotta say, when I'm a bit bored or feeling a little down, all I have to do is visit the "Nugget Shooter Forum"!! There are some very clever, good natured and "FUNNY" is an understatement :hahaha: ,people on this forum!!

GOTTA LOVE IT.

Wishbone

No need to worry about Mike for now he's frozen in from the last storm.

35 mph my butt.

The VC did not get me in Nam. The giggers and nutballs not get me working for the PD 33 years. But Glenn is putting forth his best effort. At least I take it nice and easy when were in my Toyota. Well except for that one time and that was a truck issue.

Ah come on Sarge :olddude: ... couldn't have been THAT bad :idunno: ... some day I'll give you a ride in the RZR :yikes: ... will run circles around the Rhino! :brows:

Mike F

'zat sucker have a crawler gear to climb over granitoid boulderites?

El D ... Learned my driving technique from your new riding buddy Montana! He is all to blame for the way I drive it and why I bought it in the first place.

Hillbille ... low range 4x4 gets me most any verticle place I have tried ... it is surprising what it will climb ... I do find it is a little low slung with the stock tires and wheels ... that will probably change when the tires wear out ... maybe even find a way to lift it a couple inches too ... not sure that a lift packagae is available/possible as I have not investigated it yet? I definitely have to have a better skid plate system! And I know that is available.

Mike F

John ... I had been warned about Montana's driving habits prior to my first ride ... yet I willingly jumped on board anyway! And then I did it again on another trip or two! what does that say about me!? :brows::rolleyes: :hahaha:

Mike F

... I do find it is a little low slung with the stock tires and wheels ... that will probably change when the tires wear out ... maybe even find a way to lift it a couple inches too ... not sure that a lift packagae is available/possible as I have not investigated it yet? I definitely have to have a better skid plate system! And I know that is available.

Mike F

PLenty of aftermarket support.

I have a place in mind that might challenge it :inocent:

https://www.google.c...plates+lift+kit

Just checked some prices :ROFL: :ROFL: :grr01: :grr01: :grr01::barnie: the aftermarket is sure proud of their goodies.

I'd fab up a skidplate before buying one- cardboard template, surplus aluminum and or thick HDPE,cheapo grinder and cutoff wheels a few bolts and elbow grease can accomplish great things.

Yep, get refrigerator box from a local store and then use some charcoal to draw along the bottom tubes of the rig. press the cardboard up against the tubing and you've got your pattern. cut the pattern big and trim as needed (cut once measure twice and all that).

Transfer to the 6061 Aluminum of the 3/16" variety and cut large, trimming as needed again.

use your cardboard to find the factory bolt holes and transfer to the aluminum. Drill baby drill.

now, get hold of some UHMW (Ultra-High Molecular Weight) plastic and use a circular saw to cut and drill to fit (use aluminum as your pattern).

Use a grinder with a flap wheel or angle cut with your circular saw to bevel the edge.

bolt that sucker up and you have one helluva tough skid plate.

Lifts and all manner of other things are available, and because the rigs are Independent Suspension, prices are high..

now, get hold of some UHMW (Ultra-High Molecular Weight) plastic and use a circular saw to cut and drill to fit (use aluminum as your pattern).

That's the stuff I was thinking of.

I agree, you really only need better kids and shocks and some lighter wheels for hard parts. An ignition box and performance (without going too loud) exhaust are a good idea. then get some better tires when it's time.

I have seen guys dump tens of thousands of dollars into these things. They may come away with a cool looking machine, but have severely sacrificed the usefulness and reliability.

As for UHMW... the stuff ain't cheap. Find a serious off road shop and see if you can buy through them in cut offs or a blemish sheet from a supply house. To cut it you will be better off using a circular saw and then come back with a jig or band saw for finer cuts. trying to use anything too small will drive you nuts and take forever. Kind of like trying to carry even half a sheet of 1/2" by yourself. If you do try to carry alone, set up a video camera so I can laugh LOL. It's one of the funniest things you'll see in a shop :)