Nugget Shooter Forums

Two Saint Paddy's Day Nuggets and a baby Black Tail Rattler

Well, I went out this morning to find a Saint Paddy's Day Nugget, and I found two. I also uncovered a baby Black tail Rattler. At least that is what I think that it is, because it was in

Greaterville. I will probably run into him again when he grown, for this is a area that I hunt all the time. Just thought that I would share. Dougpost-3800-0-07881500-1332030199_thumb.jppost-3800-0-54208600-1332030235_thumb.jppost-3800-0-72001900-1332030298_thumb.jp

Thanks, Yesterday it was great, except for the wind, and today it is snowing. You can't beat the Az. weather. Love the snow and rain, it makes the tailing more sensative and easyer to dig. Might try to find a tailing pile on Tuesday. Take care and happy hunting. Doug

Hi Doug

The snake is a harmless night snake. They are rear fanged with a very mild venom incase you wished to stick you pinky down his throat. But envenomation would be that of a bee sting at worst. I saw your display at the TCC real nice. I wrote down your number to give you a call about the Flandrau. But lost it !!

Happy Huntin John B.

Fred,the reason that I think it is a Rattler, the head and the pattern on the back, I know that you can't see the detail from the picture, but it looked like a rattle snake to me. How old must it be, before it developes the rattles and the black tail? I will try to find a picture of a baby black tail. Doug

Fred,the reason that I think it is a Rattler, the head and the pattern on the back, I know that you can't see the detail from the picture, but it looked like a rattle snake to me. How old must it be, before it developes the rattles and the black tail? I will try to find a picture of a baby black tail. Doug

Doug,

Hope you don't mind, but i blew it up for a better look.

post-26159-0-48614600-1332260963_thumb.j

Doug;

Mr B is a wealth of knowledge and pointy-fingerness!!! Rattlers develope rattles with each skin-shedding...I don't remeber how often snakes shed...likely more than once a year when they are young and growing fast...

I still hope to come your way...some time...

fred