Nugget Shooter Forums

This could be of interest..

The second legislative proposal institutes a leasing process under the Mineral Leasing Act of 1920 for certain minerals–gold, silver, lead, zinc, copper, uranium, and molybdenum–currently covered by the General Mining Law of 1872. After enactment, mining for these metals on Federal lands would be governed by the new leasing process and subject to annual rental payments and a royalty of not less than five percent of gross proceeds. Half of the receipts would be distributed to the States in which the leases are located and the remaining half would be deposited in the Treasury. Existing mining claims would be exempt from the change to a leasing system, but would be subject to increases in the annual maintenance fees under the General Mining Law of 1872. However, holders of existing mining claims for these minerals could voluntarily convert their claims to leases. The Office of Natural Resources Revenue will collect, account for, and disburse the hardrock royalty receipts.

I wonder sometimes what would happen if everyone stopped voting in all elections. Would this be what it takes to send a powerful message?

I can honestly say that when i pass away, i will miss this beautiful land we share, but i'll be darn if I will miss our government.

God has a huge elevator just waiting for them and the only button in it will be DOWN.

I wonder sometimes what would happen if everyone stopped voting in all elections. Would this be what it takes to send a powerful message? I can honestly say that when i pass away, i will miss this beautiful land we share, but i'll be darn if I will miss our government. God has a huge elevator just waiting for them and the only button in it will be DOWN.

And I wonder what would happen if everyone STARTED voting in all elections. Somehow I think that is supposed to be the solution.

And I wonder what would happen if everyone STARTED voting in all elections. Somehow I think that is supposed to be the solution.

Well actually voting has been on the up swing for past several years now. But I have to ask myself a question. Do I feel more secure now then I did back in the 70's or 80's? And the answer always comes back NO.