Nugget Shooter Forums

Hey Folk's!!!

Rimshot

Just joined this forum this am. I'm sure Bill thought...ut oh, here comes another rookie... :rolleyes: Unfortunately gold is almost non-existent in Texas so all I can do is just read forums and wish. :droolin: One day I hope to move out that way and get to meet up with some of you and be educated. When I do finally make this move, i'm only interested in metal detecting so I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on 2 detectors that possibly you have used in the past. The 2 i'm interested in are the minelab 705 and the valquero.

Any comments much appreciated!

This sure is a nice forum you have Bill.

Rimshot

I've not used either, I'll say that up front.

Both are good machines. I understand it that the Minelab is a better all around detector, but the Tesoro units are known to be better at handling higher mineralization such as is found in AZ and similar areas..

the above is based sole on heresay, though.

I know of individuals who have used the Vaquero for nuggetshooting and they work.

You can detect for gold with one.

Same with the 705.

I haven't owned or used either so I can't say my own thoughts on them except I know they both can be used for VLF nuggetshooting.

Heck the way things going for me, sure would hate using a 150 for nugs...lmao! Thank's for the info Glenn & Frank. Was hoping Bill slipped one or both out of his shop and took them for a test spin. :rolleyes:

Uuuuummmm Bill if I make an outing it will be because I live there. You're right!!! Gas is rediculous. And now with summer coming on I guess the ole electiric bill.... :th: Do they still use water fans out that way? :rolleyes:

And TY for the welcome!!!

They call them swamp coolers and they are heavily used (and do a good job) until monsoon season when the humidity is such that you just end up making rain and rust inside your house.

The split system on my house (electric scroll refrigerant cooling and natural gas heat) works great and is highly efficient. So my bill doesn't get too badly out of hand on the equalizer plan :)