Nugget Shooter Forums

Garmin Venture

Doug ... Garmin makes a chip that I think works with the venture ... been awhile since I have used the etrex series of Garmin. I use the GPSmap60CSx with the AZ topo chip. It is just like having the all the AZ 7.5 series topos in my GPS ... However it is expensive ... I think Cabela's sells it for about $100. Here is a link ... look at the AZ-NM chip for $99:

http://www.cabelas.c...ch-All+Products

Just check to sse whether your unit will accept the micro SD chip.

Mike F

That's really to bad becuase I have found the map chip for the AZ and the Northern New England ... Maine specifically ... has been an enormous aid to me iespecially in the deep back woods of Northwestern Maine ... aka : The North Maine Woods.

Mike F

I received my Venture Yesterday. If I were to do it all over again, I would buy the etrek Vista HCx or the Legend HCx. They both except the micro SDtm card. The only mistake that I have ever made. Oh yes, I did make one other when I married my firt wife in 1960. Take care and hope that you find the big one. Doug :nutty: tt PS. Thanks for your help Chris :nutty:

Doug ... Garmin makes a chip that I think works with the venture ... been awhile since I have used the etrex series of Garmin. I use the GPSmap60CSx with the AZ topo chip. It is just like having the all the AZ 7.5 series topos in my GPS ... However it is expensive ... I think Cabela's sells it for about $100. Here is a link ... look at the AZ-NM chip for $99:

http://www.cabelas.c...ch-All+Products

Just check to sse whether your unit will accept the micro SD chip.

Mike F

Mike I have the Garmin GPSMAP 76s no card :cry2:

Johnno ... Pull the batteries out ... the chip holder will be located behind the batteries if it has the ability ... I thought that one had the micro sd chip too. But I'm not familiar enough to know for sure about the 76.

OK ... Just went on line to check to be sure ... Sorry Mate ... no capability for a micro SD chip. Analog technology! However it does have 8M internal memory and ability to add compatible mapping addies if desired.

Mike F