Nugget Shooter Forums

Bill S...you need another coil! :)

Bill:

I know your falling in love with the new mono blitz you have....but heres another one for you.

Ive been using the little 6 inch mono from Coiltek and its great!

LIght, small, gets in the tight spots, and VERY sensitive to the small stuff up top. You may have to dig some overburden though.

The pic is of some of the crumbs I got out of my wash today. I pulled that one the pen is pointing to up from about 3 inches in some very heavy black sand.

Ive done some comparisons on the 6" on the 5000 and the GB2. Equal!...if not better.

Better??? yes, you dont have to deal with the mineralization so much with the 5G as you have to with the GB2.

Im down to digging crumbs from my wash now and that dern 6" is doing its job.

Heres some pics of the gold I got in the past 3 months out of it with the 9 X 13 blitz and the 6".

All in all....got over 2 oz. out of this wash. :)

Enjoy!

Keep swinging.

Tom H.

post-25308-0-13368900-1331535839_thumb.j

post-25308-0-95047000-1331536790_thumb.j

post-25308-0-91989500-1331536828_thumb.j

post-25308-0-73160600-1331536910_thumb.j

Nice man and yes I have indeed heard that the 6 inch is a hot little number and I hope to try as many as I can so as to be able to tell a customer better about them. Thanks for the heads up and the ML Commander 8 inch has always been a favorite of mine so the 6 inch should be great as well as more sensitive.

I did some side by side testing @ RP with the 5000 fitted with a small coil (NF8x6) vrs a GBll and a GB Pro. Both the GB's had the small coils.

I would hunt with the 5000 and when I got a target cross check it with the GB's. Of the several nuggets I found only a few could be herd by the GB's and there were less then an inch deep.

When I called the 5000 + Fine Gold + small coil a Gold Bug Killer, It seemed to upset allot of the GB fans.

It's nice to see more folks validating my findings, The 5000 is a Gold Bug Killer!

DSCN0091.jpg

Chris ... One of my favorite combos for small gold is a GPX5000 in fine gold with an 8" round Commander Mono ... That is a killer combo. I want to do a test between an 8" rd Commander mono and the NF 6x8 mono ... on small gold both those coils should do dynamite and pull small gold deeper than the GBpro can go. My finds lately with the 8" Commander have been surprising me.

Mike F

Chris yer right on, I've been doin similar situations with the detectors.

Theres no disputing the P.I.'s will find the small and tiny stuff DEEPER.

They both ( the P.I. 'S and VLF's) have their places and uses where they excel.

When I called the 5000 + Fine Gold + small coil a Gold Bug Killer, It seemed to upset allot of the GB fans.

It's nice to see more folks validating my findings, The 5000 is a Gold Bug Killer!

Chris:

Well, when you call someones baby ugly....they get upset :)

But, I do agree with you!

Tom H.

Chris:

Well, when you call someones baby ugly....they get upset :)

But, I do agree with you!

Tom H.

There is absolutely no doubt this is true.... Even with a 14x9 inch Coiltek Coil!

Chris, the 5000 might be the GB, GB II killer, but the 5000 is a wallet killer. Unless you're hunting 5 days a week and pulling gold those days. The GB or GB II is 10X less and still a very good machine, with the potential. As Frank mentioned, they all have their place in the hobby. I just wish I could get out more, but reality sets in and I have bills to pay...

Jason

Jayray, what you say.

Who wouldn't want a 5000 when swinging a GB 2. I know I would even though I have been very successful with the GB 2 I hang out on this forum watching what the ML's can do and find.

I think Hoser John mentioned this in one of his post, how much more gold would you find with a ML verses cost of machine over the GB 2.

Without a doubt the ML's are the top of the heap, just a little out of my range right now. I have the need, just not the bucks.

Well done finding that sub / sub gram gold, but I bet I could have heard it with my GB 2 as I have a few miniscule nuggets in that range in my poke.

I have also pulled big spongy looking gold nuggets from patches worked over by a couple of 5000, not to say they missed it, more to the fact I am darn lucky.

Good hunting all.

post-25522-0-73882700-1331738644_thumb.j

Jayray, what you say.

Who wouldn't want a 5000 when swinging a GB 2. I know I would even though I have been very successful with the GB 2 I hang out on this forum watching what the ML's can do and find.

I think Hoser John mentioned this in one of his post, how much more gold would you find with a ML verses cost of machine over the GB 2.

Without a doubt the ML's are the top of the heap, just a little out of my range right now. I have the need, just not the bucks.

Well done finding that sub / sub gram gold, but I bet I could have heard it with my GB 2 as I have a few miniscule nuggets in that range in my poke.

I have also pulled big spongy looking gold nuggets from patches worked over by a couple of 5000, not to say they missed it, more to the fact I am darn lucky.

Good hunting all.

Hey all:

I hear ya on the cost of the 5g.

If your pulling it out with the gold bugs....go for it! Keep getting it and enjoy. :)

Each machine has its place and each one will get gold the other one cant.

I am fortunate to have been able to afford both and am enjoying both.

Work with what you can afford and enjoy the hobby.

But remember..........is that guy that bought the 10G bass boat ever going to catch enough fish to pay it off? :O

We pay to have fun! :)

Thats a awsome looking nugget!!!!!! Spongy or whatever. :)

Tom H.

More than once I've seen someone with a $40,000 truck pulling a $90,000 toy hauler unload a $15,000 UTV then bitch about the $5000 the spent on a detector.

And just the opposite the most raggedy looking fellow in a beat up truck with a huge smile when showing the few small nuggets they found.

Just got back to the house in my 1986 PU.....no boat....no ATV....old GP4000....no gold and a wife that the

junk yard dog is scared of.....but this is paradise and I do have cold beer...I'm smiling