Nugget Shooter Forums

The gold tooth nugget

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

We got out yesterday to do a little patch cleaning and to my suprise I found this unusual nugget that looks like a gold tooth :D it weights 2.2 dwt. I got some before cleaning and after cleaning pictures... hope you enjoy!

post-86-0-86855700-1331484634_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-43560400-1331484650_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-02416500-1331484686_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-27284400-1331484710_thumb.jpg

yes it does look like a tooth...the far right pic looks a bit like a charging elephant...

you boys have found some great patches...I am curious about the ratio of times searching for new patches versus time patches found...I would limit this pondering to new areas not extentions of existing patches...not that it matters...new patches or old the gold is very pretty!

fred

yes it does look like a tooth...the far right pic looks a bit like a charging elephant...

you boys have found some great patches...I am curious about the ratio of times searching for new patches versus time patches found...I would limit this pondering to new areas not extentions of existing patches...not that it matters...new patches or old the gold is very pretty!

fred

Fred, I think our visions are impaired. The general vote is a tooth but I really like your comment on the charging elephant. When I first saw the first picture cleaned, I immediately thought of Sponge Bob Squarepants

Guest goldstudmuffin

fred

Thanks Fred, it sure does look like a charging elephant, I didn't see it until now.

We used to spend more time looking for new patches but now have over a dozen beat up patches that we keep extending further out. It's kinda hard to spend time looking for new ground when the old ground is still producing very nice nuggets. Some of these old patches cover very large areas and would take weeks if not longer to rehunt then every year or two as we have been doing. I think the last new patch we found has been 2 years ago, and it was a good one.

That's a really beautiful nugget, Russ ... What you find 'em with? Cheers, Unc

Thanks Uncle Ron,

I'm using the 3500 and I like the old solid NF fiberglass 16" round mono