Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakota Slim

Senators Who Voted AGAINST The Keystone Pipeline

This is an important Land Use issue.

As you should know, the Keystone pipeline would bring oil into the US from our friendly neighbor to the north, Canada. The US House of Representatives passed this bill and a MINORITY of Senators blocked it from passing in the US Senate. 56 US Sentors voted for the bill. They are listed beneath the NAY voters. Here are the Senators who voted against it, thus stopping our ability to improve our oil supply from Canada:

NAYs ---42

Akaka (D-HI)

Bennet (D-CO)

Bingaman (D-NM)

Blumenthal (D-CT)

Boxer (D-CA)

Brown (D-OH)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Cardin (D-MD)

Carper (D-DE)

Coons (D-DE)

Durbin (D-IL)

Feinstein (D-CA)

Franken (D-MN)

Gillibrand (D-NY)

Harkin (D-IA)

Inouye (D-HI)

Johnson (D-SD)

Kerry (D-MA)

Klobuchar (D-MN)

Kohl (D-WI)

Lautenberg (D-NJ)

Leahy (D-VT)

Levin (D-MI)

Lieberman (ID-CT)

Menendez (D-NJ)

Merkley (D-OR)

Mikulski (D-MD)

Murray (D-WA)

Nelson (D-FL)

Nelson (D-NE)

Reed (D-RI)

Reid (D-NV)

Rockefeller (D-WV)

Sanders (I-VT)

Schumer (D-NY)

Shaheen (D-NH)

Stabenow (D-MI)

Udall (D-CO)

Udall (D-NM)

Warner (D-VA)

Whitehouse (D-RI)

Wyden (D-OR)

YEAs ---56

Alexander (R-TN)

Ayotte (R-NH)

Barrasso (R-WY)

Baucus (D-MT)

Begich (D-AK)

Blunt (R-MO)

Boozman (R-AR)

Brown (R-MA)

Burr (R-NC)

Casey (D-PA)

Chambliss (R-GA)

Coats (R-IN)

Coburn (R-OK)

Cochran (R-MS)

Collins (R-ME)

Conrad (D-ND)

Corker (R-TN)

Cornyn (R-TX)

Crapo (R-ID)

DeMint (R-SC)

Enzi (R-WY)

Graham (R-SC)

Grassley (R-IA)

Hagan (D-NC)

Hatch (R-UT)

Heller (R-NV)

Hoeven (R-ND)

Hutchison (R-TX)

Inhofe (R-OK)

Isakson (R-GA)

Johanns (R-NE)

Johnson (R-WI)

Kyl (R-AZ)

Landrieu (D-LA)

Lee (R-UT)

Lugar (R-IN)

Manchin (D-WV)

McCain (R-AZ)

McCaskill (D-MO)

McConnell (R-KY)

Moran (R-KS)

Murkowski (R-AK)

Paul (R-KY)

Portman (R-OH)

Pryor (D-AR)

Risch (R-ID)

Roberts (R-KS)

Rubio (R-FL)

Sessions (R-AL)

Shelby (R-AL)

Snowe (R-ME)

Tester (D-MT)

Toomey (R-PA)

Vitter (R-LA)

Webb (D-VA)

Wicker (R-MS)

Yet another reason that if yer sportin a "D" in front of your name I never have nor will I ever...ever vote for you...period, and they continually prove me right. Just look at some of the names in there...turbindurbin..boxer...fienstien and frankin, normally I'd go back and capitalize and correct the misspelled names but I have such disrespect for these scumbags I wont even bother. Up to 20K jobs lost on this...and union jobs at that, not that I care one bit about unions but its a good time to sit back and soak in the names that cost us those jobs and that oil as you rack up a hunski at the gas station for 25 gal of fuel that should have cost you half that, thanks again "D"s for making life so easy for us.

Hi Jason. I don't know where you got that information. Perhaps you could share it with us.

I don't pay any attention to the R or D labels, only how they voted on this important issue. As you can see, the majority of US Senators voted FOR this pipeline.

Here is a column written by an old friend of mine....

What’s not to like about the Keystone pipeline?

President Obama’s threat to veto legislation extending the payroll tax cuts if it is tied to his approval of the Keystone oil pipeline from Canada flushes some of his most perverse and carefully veiled policies out into the open where the average American can get a good look at them.

Here is s short list of what completion of the pipeline from Canada will do for us:

1.) Bring an additional 255 million barrels of oil per year in from Canada, making that friendly, stable nation far and away our biggest supplier and cutting our dependence on OPEC and unreliable or hostile foreign sources whose concerns for the environment are nil;

2.) Create immediately 20,000 well-paying blue collar jobs and more than another 100,000 ancillary to the project;

3.) Pay out $5 billion in property taxes to the six states it will run through.

What is there not for Mr. Obama to like about all this? Well, there are serious environmental concerns. No less an environmental expert than Hollywood’s Robert Redford has declared the pipeline to be “an accident waiting to happen.” The president’s green supporters, of course, are very concerned about more CO2 in the atmosphere, contributing to – what do they call it now – climate change.

Someone should tell Mr. Redford that the first oil pipeline in this country was built in 1950, and that now there are scores of them crossing the U.S./Canadian border. A map of all the pipelines running across North America blots out parts of the landscape. This pipeline has been under study for three years, more than time enough to allay fears raised about violating the pristine Nebraskan environment.

And regarding global warming/climate change, the two major energy consumers whose use is expected to skyrocket near term, China and India, have basically told the latest U.N. summit on the matter that it was something to be taken up with the United States, especially the part where fines and fees were to be collected for distribution to undeveloped nations. (How do you say, “My mama didn’t raise no dumb kids” in Mandarin?) In any case, the Canadians have tired of the bureaucratic game of thimble rig, and are threatening to build the line to Vancouver, bound eventually for, you guessed it, the Chinese market.

The cynic would say that Obama’s primary concern here is that the price of gas will come down and stabilize, putting far more money in the pocket of the average American than any payroll tax break, but taking the wind out of his dream of endless government subsidies to cronies and favorites (think Solyndra) to somehow force the magical appearance of alternatives that a free market won’t support. Gone, too, would be the bounty flowing into state coffers from all the taxes, fines, duties, levies, etc., necessitated by efforts to stem the continuing crises.

These, our president’s ambitions, trump:

1.) The creation of real (not government) jobs in a bad economy, which is more and more the product of his perverse policies like this one;

2.) National security concerns arising from our dependence on foreign oil that can quickly and unpredictably be shut off by far-away events, like the Arab Spring, and foreign regimes hostile to us, and;

3.) The overall strength and stability of our economy and public finance by developing the immense wealth inherent in America’s energy resources.

Of course, this is the president who spent the best efforts of his first term foisting socialized medicine on the nation rather than dealing with the “Great Recession.”

J.E.

From http://www.winonapos...age=&archives=1

Thank you Slim for all the effort you put into informing everyone!

I see NM's finest was in that bunch.

cid_E5A1AD251DBE4AEFA2BD45FE87B82255AudreyPC.gif

Thank you Slim for all the effort you put into informing everyone!

Hey, thank you for adding this new section to your forum. All elections are important but I see this year as especially important. This country is more divided now than I've ever seen it but what I've found so far leads me to believe that many of the ongoing problems this country has had can be solved in the November elections.

It wasn't that hard for me to dig up this information and it wouldn't be hard for people to look at the lists of elected officials that are posted on this site and vote accordingly. If you have friends that share your views, let them know that their votes are needed.