Nugget Shooter Forums

Can anyone help...I found this rock....

Yep! I will stand on a limb here and Certify that there is a Rock.

Kidney in shape, River Tumbled, Rock.

Igneous in Nature.

Possibly Carrying Iron minerals within for sure.

Yep! I will stand on a limb here and Certify that there is a Rock.

Kidney in shape, River Tumbled, Rock.

Igneous in Nature.

Possibly Carrying Iron minerals within for sure.

LOL.....that made me laugh.... yes... well... rock... yes.... rock I should drive 3hours for and drag out of the middle of the river by any means neccessary? or just a rock? :stupidrb:

granitic- dark coloration suggests high iron levels( makes it hard, long wearing and cobbleforming),,, looks like it might have a bit of a "pendant" stuck in it.. igneous :brows: and was near the top of the batholith .

Sorrey I was not goofing on you.

What made you think it was of Value?

I appreciate the goofing....your avatar gave it away... =) Well, I was looking for my birthday nugget...sooo...... the whole "Wish in one hand and...." theory...

But the shine on the rock is what made me look twice, it had been entirely covered with moss, thick, thick moss, in the very middle of the river, there was a larger one, and a smaller one right next to it, but with a million other rocks nothing else shined like those two...

They caught my eye, so I wiped down and inspected further.... I am still learning and found my inspection utterly meaningless, so I took picture. :D The patches were just glowing like nobodies business but they were flat on the rock.

So, thats where it was left. I went home did some googleing and did see a couple of pictures of river type rocks with smooth surfaces and patches so I figured I'd ask the professionals.......uhhuuuuhemmmmm you guys. :idea:

You have Passed the First Test!

Anyone that can play the Game , WHAT IS DIFFERENT HERE! Will find the goodies.

It works for Arrow Heads, Meteorites and Yes Gold.

Not everyone See's the Difference.

Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D1.gif

It has been a running joke in my household for the last couple of days too.... "Leaverite Streamataceous Cobbleite" I love it.....

In this case, the" cobbleite" is redundant and subordinate to "Leaverite"( the more omnipresent 'descriptive')

As such, the proper nomenclature should read, " Streamataceous Leaverite var." cobbleite"

Thankyou, GOldfinger for the correction.