Nugget Shooter Forums

gold in quartz?

nuggetier

need some identification help. I live in oroville california, butte county. and we have tons of quartz vains running through our property. I've been breaking a bunch of it and this is what I've found.

is it gold?

quartzgold.jpg

greenstone.jpg

thanks for the help.

nuggitier that's sure some pretty rock and good photograph but impossible to tell if it has gold in it....try asking if

El Dorado on this forum is close enough for you to take a sample to him to look at.....

That is certainly is some interesting looking stuff. With pictures it is really hard to determine what ya got, might be gold and might be just the sheen of the rock. How about crushing some then panning it out? Oroville is not like it is around the corner from here.

(above post) the yellow on the quartz may be doesn't look very metalic just yellow. but what I'm curious about is the matalic stuff (first pic. center right or new pic below).

I broke it up and panned it. it smashed into super SUPER fine powder (500+ mesh). you can barely see it. looks glittery and is inseperable from black sand of far larger grain.

does chalcopyrite degrade when exposed to air/water like normal pyrite? also if gold forms into a crystal will it be brittle? I've found some none oxydised gold colored crystals but they're hard, maybe tellurium crystals. would it seperate from the black sand, I read tellurium is a bit lighter than gold? also is gold crystal hard(brittle) or soft like normal gold.

here's a better pic.

quartzgolddust.jpg

Neat find. Did you do a streak test on it? Chalcopyrite and pyrite will streak greenish black. Bornite will streak grayish black. I would send definately a sample out for an assay to see what you have. It really looks good to me given your location...

Steve

well we're renting but I have permission. wether or not the land lord has the rights though...I have no idea. but whatever, if I find a vain or something worthwhile, I'll be keeping it to mysellf. otherwise if it's nothing major I don't think anyone would care. the land lord tried minning a creak with a tractor but he doesn't know anything about gold. all he did was remine some old 49'r tailings, he didn't dig down, so never found anything.

found some arsenic sulfide. not matalic. pic

1004088z.jpg

also I have some granite with mica in it. now hear's the thing, most of it is black-ish but always gold. some of it is very gold colored and not brittle or transparant. in fact it's bendy like foil, super thin. the more gold colored it is the softer and maliable. I even found a piece that was redish looked like a pice off a brand new penny. also this was found where the 49'rs dug it up pretty good.

so how can natural foil gold form? and can mica have gold in it? all of this stuff is too small or thin to pan out, and pretty rare

1004091g.jpg

1004092y.jpg

Seek the truth at the county recorders office as all rights are listed on Grant deed. Didn't mean to pee on parade just professional in attitude and made mistakes myself and trying to educate and save a newbie problems down the road-John

I dought the land lord has the rights, and I can't get the rights unless I have a bit of money. sooo... he has a second morgege on the property so if anyone has it it's the bank. or some previous owner. eather way I could get the rights without much problem.

if I can find a little gold I wouldn't have a problem. if I could get a metal detector I know of a few places that would cirtainly have some nuggets, an old creak bed (you can pan small flake out of it all day, but not consentrated enough to be worth the time without a washer and tracktor). but $1000+ for a decent one, I don't have that kind of money to just spend like that. maybe someone around here has an extra used one they could finance to me or something.

I've been prospecting for about 8 months now and I'm getting a little flustered over it, broke need some gold. lol

p.s. heck you know what, if someone can finance to me a decent detector, once I get the mineral rights, I'll give you full permission do whatever mining\detecting you like here, and you keep all that you find. 80 acres. half of it is the old creak bed pushing up the hillside. never been touched with a detector to my knowledge. we can meet up for some lunch somewhere if you're intrested. norcal area. PM me.

Nuggetier ... The bank or second mortgagee will not have the rights and couldn't provide them to you. It holds the second mortgage (aka: promise to repay the second mortgage given by your landlord) ... the 1st mortgagee is similar except that by being the the 1st mortgagee it is in first place to get money from the landlord should he default ... that is Mortgage 101. The Grantor (seller of the land/building to your landlord) of the Deed given to the Grantee (your landlord) upon sale of the property to the landlord would be the one who holds the mineral rights if your landlord does not ... OR ... a previous Grantor back in the chain of title could have the mineral rights. It would be very unlikely that you would be able to gain possession of the mineral rights from one of the previous Grantors. They kept those rights for a reason ... future value!

Mike F