Nugget Shooter Forums

Got a couple little ones..

Well got out and did some hunting Saturday camped out and got in a couple hours this morning, but my poor old fat dog had very sore feet after sharp rock walking all day Saturday and was moving real slow. Here is camp and what a great break except there sure was allot more traffic out here than I was used to...

2012-03-03_16-00-08_426.jpg

Started hunting late morning Saturday and never got a target until the first nugget, second target was also a nugget, then a bit of tin about 2 feet deep that was a real heart breaker. Cool thing is that because of all the traffic where I was going to camp I camped at an old spot and walking in about a mile further than I normally did and got into a new (to me) little valley with a couple nuggets for me.

2012-03-03_15-59-37_828.jpg

I'll snap another photo when I take them out of the CLR, lots of crap on them....

Nice nuggets Bill. CLR for cleaning, interesting, I use Ace Hardware toilet bowl cleaner on the encrusted old coins I dig out of Downtown Phoenix.

Do you hit the nuggets with a little baking powder and water to neutralize the CLR?

Hi Jeff, Not normally I just soak them in water after the CLR for a little while and they are good to go... Takes the caliche right off them.

G'Day Bill

Well I'm glad to see you kicked back, relaxed, got some time with nature, bonded with your dog and found some gold. What more can a man ask for?

Envy. Envy. Envy

Cheers,

Johnno

P.S. I like your rig. I had a chance for one of those tents for mine. My mate got one then sold his rig and gave it away with the rig. I was a little disappointed. So what's happened to your little camper trailer? Now that I really liked.

Geat finds, Bill ... It does seem the desert is getting more crowded these days, even with some guys with billy goat goatees...Dodacious ran into those guys from Alaska Gold Rush in Wickenburg a couple days ago ...Both the dad and son ... Maybe some Wickenburg area show in the future???? Cheers, Unc

Good job, Bill!

Those nuggies look great!

Your hound kinda looks like mine. I wonder how you guys down there deal with

the cactus and other stickery vegetation with regard to a dogs feet.

I have seen various type of little booties for dogs. I may get some for my dog, whose feet

I suspect are kinda soft, as where she lives, the ground is pretty soft...

Gary

Nice shooter grip there Mr. Southern ... gold is nice too! Headed to RH or maybe LSD (haven't been there since I moved out here last June) Friday or Saturday ... Rzr helps to get me away from most of the crowd ... finding a new valley to produce for you on the first visit is special!

Mike F

Hey Bill

Need some info on your truck tent. I noticed that you're running a Sportz III. I've always been fond of the Adventure. Really like to hear your comments on your set up.

Example: ease of assembly. water resistant. And what wind it can stand.

You being a desert man, your comments are like gold. Spill the beans, I have less than 19 hours to make a decision

Cheers,

Johnno

Hey Bill

Need some info on your truck tent. I noticed that you're running a Sportz III. I've always been fond of the Adventure. Really like to hear your comments on your set up.

Example: ease of assembly. water resistant. And what wind it can stand.

You being a desert man, your comments are like gold. Spill the beans, I have less than 19 hours to make a decision

Cheers,

Johnno

Great tent, handles high winds well, but have not had it up in rain yet though it also has a rain fly and awning I rarely use. Have had it for 6 years and only issue is one of the straps dry rotted, but was an easy fix.

Folks to protect your dogs feet you can buy the rubber boots for them (expensive) especially when the dog pulls them off or they just come off....

A better and cheaper way is cut a piece out of a bicycle tube about six inches long....on one end cut a couple of 1 inch

slits so you will have a place to put the tape....tear some strips of masking tape 1/2" x 6 " or so and run the first piece

of tape around the back half of the "boot" and in front of the dogs leg but on the hair....then the second wrap behind the

rubber rear strip and in front of the front strip....

Have your movie camera ready when you first turn the dog loose....it's funny how they walk at first...