Nugget Shooter Forums

Outta here

Hi All,

Well looks like I will finally get a break and get out with the dog to burn a steak over the campfire and try to scare up a nugget or two. Thanks to a good bro who will let me abuse some of their turf near a patch I know I should have a great time. Close (sort of) so don't have to buy much fricking 4.07 a gallon gas and weather should be perfect....

Talk to ya all Sunday evening or so....

Get out!.... Get Gold!

Hey Grubby, do you have a solution?

And Frank, you're correct, it's amazing what's going on. There's no reason for gas to be so high. Look at oil prices per barrel. Do we have a conflict overseas? No, but much of the gas companies are thanking us for putting our heads between our legs and grabbing our ankles.

Oh yeah, they say "Fancy that. This quarter we made a gagillion, gillion, gillion dollars but it's tough out here in this economy. I actually was forced to eat a burrito in my ferrari last night and my wife she only picked up 6 handbags at $5,000 each and 15 pairs of shoes at $3000 a pair. Can't believe so many people are complaining about gas prices. We're here to help you. Without us, you can't get to work. But you continue to condemn us as being evil, we want you to work so you can get lots of money and pay through the nose for our cheap gas. Thanks for supporting us."

Well Johnno, back in the 80's when diesel fuel got high, and I was driving longhaul, we shut down for a week. fuel fell. Maybe we all need to take a week or two off from driving. Lets see how the gas companys like that. Grubstake

• Like 1

Keystone pipeline???Who needs a stinkin pipeline when gas is a paltry 4.25 a gallon....wankers. We all need to pay our fair share, I heard this from jumpin Joe Biden who hasn't purchased a gallon of gas in 35 yrs.

• Like 1

CUT THEIR BA LL' s OFF AND THEN STOP THE MONEY THEY GET EVERY YEAR FROM THE US GOVT. THEY CAN AFFORD THEIR OWN RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT COST WITH THE BILLIONS OF PROFITS THEY MAKE EACH YEAR ITS TIME THIS CRAP CAME BACK TO REALITY. MILKING THE PUBLIC FOR EVERYTHING HAS TO STOP AND ALL ENTITLEMENT PROGRAMS NEED MONITORING AND CLEANING UP.

PUT A DAMM BUSINESS MAN IN THAT WHITE HOUSE AND GET ALL THOSE LAWYERS THE HELL OUTA THERE.

MAYBE EVEN A PLUMBER, HE'LL START CLEANING IT FROM THE BOTTOM (SEWER) UP.

OH, AND BILL,.......HAVE A NICE DAY. FIND SOME GOLD. :D

...and the 'ol lady wants to know why I won't give a definite yes or no about whether we're gonna make a run out your way the end of the month?

Sheessshhhhh.................

Last year the beginning of April gas was $3.99/gal in Wickenburg, as it was most of the way across as well.

Round trip from here is approx. 5,500 mi when ya figure in the daily ride out past Stanton & back.

At about 14mpg that's right at 400 gal of fuel / $1,600.00.

Maybe I can talk the nice folks at Best Western Rancho Grande into giving up a room for $9.95 a night if we skip maid service, ya think?

SA

G'Day Everyone

I posted a long time ago and I'm not quite sure if it was on Nugget Shooters or another forum. But who cares. Ok let's step into the time machine...

I was travelling from Melbourne to Anglesea, Lorne, Barwin Heads. Just a surfing frenzy. I knew where to stop off for gas and where to fill up. There was a little petrol station (gas station for you yanks), which was called an independent station. In other words, he had a pump for Shell, he had a pump for BP, he had a pump for Mobil, he had a pump for everything. So when you pulled in, you could choose whatever gasoline you wanted. So over the years, we became friends. He was located just before Laverton, nice old guy, big heart.

I pulled in one day to get gas to head down to Geelong, then off to the surfing areas. And he showed me a carby (carburetor) that he made that would get 100 mile to the gallon. I entertained him, but sure enough he was right. It was a very interesting set up.

Time went by. The next time I pulled in, I asked him about his carby and did he patent it, sell it. Because I wanted to put one on my Holden Ute. He said that some guys came in, took the carby, paid him some bucks and left.

Those people were BP. The carby was shelved. They couldn't afford to allow anything like this to be on the market. It would destroy their gas profits.

This is going way back and I remember it like it was yesterday. Seems to be the same situation. The big petroleum companies and the backyard tinkerers have a solution. But it's always squashed. Money speaks money.

He was paid a pittence for his invention. He never retired, still running the petrol station and big corporation escaped once again. The technology is out there. It's been around since I was able to drive at 18. But when somebody produces something, it is squashed to keep the price up. Seems like the same thing is going on here in the US now, well actually maybe it's been going on since before I got here.

But as I said, this was when I was 18. I turn 60 this month and the same old BS is going on. When is anyone going to have some gonads to stand up. It's like credit cards, there's no limit to the interest they can slap on.

We need to take a stand. I would like to see ceiling caps on credit card interest rates and gasoline.

To be continued...................

Really hot under the collar, time for a few beers and cool down.

Its called "milking the public". You're right Johnno.

Unfortunately I can share a similiar story from here in the states from when I was a kid.

I worked with my father in his shop when I was growing up and remember times when friends of his would gather at the shop and talk.

A similiar story of a guy who was able to use water to run an internal combustion engine in the 1950's-60's.

Nothing ever became of the technology and the story was hushed up leaving us back at the "pumps".

What bothers me is they want to pump that North Dakota and Canadian oil all the way to Texas.

Hello? Remember what happens in hurricane season? Texas shuts down.

What's wrong with building a bunch of refineries in North Dakota?

The biggest problem with all of this is the EPA.

or the refineries in NJ if they still exist ... still hurricane danger but no where near as many or as intense as Texas. Refineries seem to be somewhere near the coast for receiving oil I would assume. But now that oil is in the center of the continent I see no reason why it couldn't and shouldn't be built closer to the source ... would think it certainly would be cheaper to do so. Big problem though is that I am under the impression having read somewhere that it takes 3-5 years to build a refinery ... seems like a long build out time to me but what do I know ... I'm just the poor SOB filling his tank with increasingly expensive fuel without any additional benefit for the additional cost ... you know what they call in retail "value added"! only way I have been able to find to reduce my fuel costs is to stop driving so much ... not happening! ... or investing in the stock of BP(symbol BP) and ConocoPhilips(symbol COP) which I have done! And with the market down so far at the open today I may buy a little more of each!

Mike F

Yes Mike, the VAT exists at home. I mean it's got to the point, it's not worth my time to travel 2 valleys away from where I'm at. I'm trying to pick up work around my neighborhood. By the time you drive 53 miles one way and let's not forget being stuck on the freeway for 2 hours either way (and that's on a good day) and basically working for nothing. Sorry, yes I am... working for my fuel.

so I suppose increasing the fuel prices is stimulating the economy. Who's economy? We know and I ain't telling...

post-2798-0-07072400-1331089459_thumb.jp

Johnno ... I feel your pain ... we all fight this thing our own way ... point being we should have to! We need to "mine" our own resources be they oil, nat gas or our very resourceful citizens! We just need to take our country back from those who wish to make it part of the 'New World Order' ... We have that opportunity soon ... It's called a general Presidential election. Our primary election is over here in AZ ... I for one am chomping at the bit to have an opportunity to vote the current crop of thieves out of business! And I hope the majority of the USA will follow me doing the same!

Mike F

G'Day Mike

I totally agree. I just wish I could vote but I can't. I just wish Australia would allow you to have dual passports, but they don't. England does. So the only way for me to vote is to become a US citizen but when I do that, I give up my rights as an Australia.

Maybe I can slip you a vote and you can poke it in the box for me .. I won't tell. I mean, look at the Russian elections, they got away with it :brows: