Nugget Shooter Forums

well I found a honker today

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Bill and All,

I headed out to an old patch today all by myself and hit other old area that has given up some big nuggets in the past and it gave up other one today. The very first target I dug was this big honker at about 2 foot deep... no I didn't carry a tape measure so to keep John B. from having a hemroid :hahaha: I'll call it 18" deep! :D It looks like it's got some ironstone and caliche on it too.

post-86-0-30815500-1330475906_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-02641200-1330475925_thumb.jpg

Thats one big hunk of yellow metal. It looks at least three dimes long and a couple wide. John B will pop a hemmie for sure if he falls in the nuggett hole.

Cant wait to see the clean up on that one.

Harry

Cowabunga, Russ.... That's just unbelievable ... I look forward to the cleaned up pic ... You're slaying them and I really enjoy seeing your finds ... Especially since we made that agreement back in the day around the old Vulture/Red Basin that you and Li'l Bro would always give me the coordinates of anything over half a oz in return for that last bowl of beans and cornbread ... Don't think the forum has a smiley for "tapping toe and waiting" .... :D Cheers, Unc

Russ I haven't heard the word "honker" for ages, thanks for the laugh.....with all these nuggets your posting Frank C.'s

wife is going to be kicking your rear, she can't keep him home long enough to get anything done...

Go back to that same spot with a BIG coil and slowly grind the area slowly four different directions....take John B. with

some post hole diggers to do the digging for you....

Russ, that is one hellishly ugly piece and I'll be more than happy to take it and put it where you never have to see it again :)

Good on ya for pulling out that chunk, can't wait to see it cleaned up

Guest goldstudmuffin

Thanks All,

My heart leaped when I drop that handfull of dirt on my coil!

Matt, it weights 1.73 ounces and it's coated whith rock but it's a soild nugget under the rock... I'll leave it in nictric acid all day today. I can't wait to see it cleaned up either!

Guest goldstudmuffin

Thanks guys!

Well after 24 hours in nictric acid here's a little peek at one side of the progress... it's going back in a fresh batch of nictric for another 24 hours. And then we shall see if it gets sandblasted or not. It looks like it's giving birth to a ironstone baby.

PS. Mike C.. speaking of a goose, have you ever hunted with John B.? :brows:

post-86-0-70922200-1330571741_thumb.jpg