Nugget Shooter Forums

Update on My GPX5000 sent to Minelab for Repair

Mike Furness

Sent the GPX in on Feb 1 with UPS Grd label supplied to me by email and expense paid by Minelab for UPS ground. Feb 6 got a call from Minelab tech that he had recieved and was about to start working on it. Friday tech called left message it was fixed, tested and had a couple small parts replaced ... wanted me to hear threshhold before sending out to me. We played telephone tag the rest of the day. Finally I left a message and just said if you think it is fixed send it back to me. That message was left late Friday so wasn't sent out until Monday Feb 13. UPS tried to deliver Thursday Feb 16 but I wasn't home and it needed a signature to deliver. Went on line that night to UPS and scheduled customer pickup in Prescott Valley for Friday morning. I picked it up on my way to the AZO outing Friday morning. Tried it all day Saturday Feb 17 at the outing. Purred like a new born kitten and sang on various targets ... unfortunately not gold ... even with a few other Minelab detectors in close proximity ... I was able to manually tune the intruders out! :) Very successful and satisfactory repair start to finish. That was a huge difference from my experience with Las Vegas when my old GP3000 went down a few years ago. I think the key to this repair was good communication from my end as to what I felt was wrong and the tech keeping me in the loop along the way!

I had good communication with Minelab tech via email ... responses were not immediate but they were timely. End result ... Satisfied customer ... try it you should have the same experience!

Mike F

July 2011 my GPX 4000 went bugger up and I sent it in to Minelab repair....they received it on the 25th July....email

messages were quick and to the point....on 8-2-2011 they shipped the detector back to me here in Brazil....so 8 days

for repairs was great timing especially since they had to replace major parts like the mother board...

The machine arrived in Brazil around 8-13-2011 and they kept it for 45 days before contacting me wanting a receipt...

eventually I sent the receipt....my bank statement and the Minelab repair order all by Customs request....they said none

of those documents were good enough so they sent it back to Minelab...they received it on 11-4.....

On 11-18 the service manager and the So. American sales director for Minelab hand delivered my 4000 to me here in

my town in Brazil.... :ya: :ya:

Bet nobody can beat that kind of service!!!!!

Hey Don... When addresses are something like "second hut with the blue door across the street and fifty paces south of the church of the highest steeple" what do you expect? LOL

just kidding. Those are India addresses... Really

They just sent it to the white man who lives behind the blue door who wears flaming pink flip flops and they knew EXACTLY who the LL that was!!!! Glad to hear your in the saddle once again-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :thumbsupanim

John ... u pickin on Don again!? :nono: You aught to know by now he gets his feelins hurt easily :cry2: and goes into his corner to sulk when picked on. :hide: Awfully thin skinned he is! :inocent:

Mike F