Nugget Shooter Forums

Clearing out a section of wash

adam

• 2 weeks later...

Too funny ,

Sorry guys, I forgot I even posted this thread. Took about 20-22 hours to clean it out. 2 hours just to break the boulder up. Actually the spot sucked , and I only managed a couple grams off of it. My drywasher is loosing 40% of the gold too :bang: cuz im stupid. The flow must have been to swift there and blew gold out.

Boulderdash, I am going to build a staircase to get down there. :brows:

A couple grams in that size area isn't too shabby, man. I certainly wouldn't call it a bust and would certainly head back there after monsoon season and clean out my new natural sluice.

I find it pretty amazing to see what the bottom of that wh looks like. You'd never have the slightest clue from the before pics.

Can I ask what dry washer you were using awhat made you pick this specific spot to spend 22 hours digging?

No particular reason for this spot Glenn, only that it had good crevacy bedrock, and gold has been found up and downstream from it.. I have a Keene 140, and am having major issues with it , and am still working on the problems.

• 2 weeks later...