Nugget Shooter Forums

New to Detecting and to your Forum

We just purchased our first Metal Detectors and are so excited about the adventures to come. grin.gif Originally, we were only going to get one, and probably just the Coinmaster Pro to get us started, but after 24hours of deliberation we ended up getting the MXT PRO! It came with headphones, carrying case and the Bullseye!!! Two days later... just last night, Rob went back and got the Coinmaster Pro for my Birthday! What a birthday gift! love10.gif I haven't used it yet, but just waving it around the living room, I am finding it way lighter and super easy to use.... so much lighter than the MXT. We have gone on 2 outings with the MXT Pro and have gotten a couple of really interesting old railroad pieces.

Is everyone else having as much fun as we are?

Welcome You can get a lot of experience by digging coins in your parks and school grounds when you can't get to the hills for gold. Also you are close to beaches which are good for jewelry and coins. I found my first diamond ring ona beach near Santa Cruz..Welcome aboard Jerry

Welcome You can get a lot of experience by digging coins in your parks and school grounds when you can't get to the hills for gold. Also you are close to beaches which are good for jewelry and coins. I found my first diamond ring ona beach near Santa Cruz..Welcome aboard Jerry

We went out to one of the more popular ocean beaches the day after we got the mxt. We stumbled upon tracks from the 1800's North Pacific Railroad, and ended up digging lots of pull tabs, pennies, a spike from the railroad and a few other random pieces we haven't cleaned up yet. :)

We are really into the 'relic' hunting side of the metal detecting too, we went to our geneology library before we got the detectors and picked up some old maps.

We have a lot of practicing to do. :)