Nugget Shooter Forums

NS-B&B outing March 17 to 19, 2012

Nugget Shooter

OK folks it was an up and down ride and some votes were changed due to other conflicting events so out March outing at Dome Rock Placer area West of Quartzsite will be the weekend of the 16th to 19th.

GPAA has claims in the area both close and within a short drive as does the Quartzsite metal Detecting Club.

The outing is very informal and bring what ya need for desert camping as there are no facilities except in town 11 or so miles away. All forum members are welcome to show up whether to hunt gold or just camp and meet some of the good folks here!

http://www.mindat.org/maps.php?id=33529

I use links from mindat.org cause it is such a cool site....

bring wood if you want a fire as there is not much available in the area.

See ya there!

Dangit. The one weekend in the next couple months I am stuck with the GPAP trailer behind me. I gotta say, I tried changing the weekend by changing my vote so I could make it (and Sgt Frank with me) but to no avail. :)

You guys have fun and bring back tons of Au, or at least pics so all us schleps can live vicariously and all that.

Well, looks like scared the s$$t out of everyone. The votes quickly changed. I just want to add a disclaimer here.

If it had have been on the weekend of the 23rd, there was no reason to bring me an expensive gift. Just your presence and the chat over the campfire would have been worth more than all the gold at Fort Knox. oh well.

the voting's closed and the majority has cast their vote. Can't argue with that. I will still try to get there but now the ante's been upped. It really worries me because no matter how hard I try, I can't get there. And I know the thoughts going thru a lot of members that Johnno's a flake

Cheers, Johnno

No one it thinking that Johnno and the vote did swing suddenly for some reason.... Not sure why, but it is what it is. I can do either weekend as I really have no life :ROFL: Looking forward to meeting the guys and gals that show and I will likely be spending more time relaxing and visiting than anything.

Johnno; you are no part of a flake!!!

I would love to see that Aussie flag waving over your temporary Oz territory again...

I am hoping to make the outing, but... I am neck deep in a kitchen remodel for my darling and wife...so, that has first priority...

if I could be sure I would make chili verde for the group...

you all have fun

fred

Either weekend would have worked for me...I can't really remember if I even voted or not. Well lets look on the bright side....more beer for me!!..........and Slim....of course!!

Man I can't wait to meet the new....er....old...uummmmm....well all of ya and see some old friends including Nugget the wonder dog.....

Be careful what you wish for Bill. I'm sure Nugget will remember you and that he had balls before we got to LSD, met you and then took a side trip to the vet in Wickenburg. :yikes:

Shep will be the first to tell folks not to mess with Nugget. Here's a photo of what Nugget did to him when he tried to take one of his Milk Bones...

post-740-0-63983200-1330278449_thumb.jpg

Hey Bucket. Thanks for pointing out the bright side. I've been way too good lately and am getting pretty thirsty.

Hey Bill LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS SETTLED ON A DATE.

I'm gonna be there sometime that weekend I'll be lookin for ya all.

Gotta find out the wifes schedual for work. Shes not gonna miss this one.

I got a hunch to play out on a spot there.

Cool and will look forward to seeing you all once again and looks like there will be a new face or two as well.

Does quartz burn, because I have never seen so much quartz in my life. I'm planning on trying to make it. Look forward to seeing everyone there. What's the temperatures like? Last time I went down there in early spring thinking it would be perfect before it got really hot, it was 103 degrees. I almost died.

Doc

bring wood if you want a fire as there is not much available in the area.

See ya there!