Nugget Shooter Forums

Good Day at Gold Basin Meteorites/ Gold

Headed out to Gold Basin yesterday to meet up with Jim Wooddell (Desertsunburn), his wife Wendy, and Richard (Kgmrg). With the time being off from Nevada to Arizona time, I was late an hour, since coming from Las Vegas, but all in all we did pretty good. I will let Jim, and Richard show your their finds. Both did incredibly well. I ended up with 2 meteorites a 62 grammer, and a 5 grammer, and a 1 gram gold nugget. The nugget is pretty flaky, and was found high on a ridge, as I was climbing out of a wash.

Dave.

post-1046-0-97689100-1329069163_thumb.jp

post-1046-0-13044100-1329069193_thumb.jp

Dave!

Great hunt and better company, for sure!

You did a GREAT job cleaning up that gold. Having seen it come out of the ground, that clean up is VERY impressive! :thumbsupanim

Well, maybe Wendy and I will do better next hunt! We were'nt on our 'A' game this time. Better luck next time! :rolleyes:

Jim

Aloha Dave,

Awesome nugget you got there. Isnt it great when you find a gold nugget when you are hunting for meteorites?

Aloha and stay well,

Stan aka Kaimi

Thanks you guys.... Stan, havent seen you there in a while where have you been??? Maybe see you Sunday at Franconia??

Dave

Thanks for a great Hunt. You were a fantastic host. :ya:

I'm not just saying that because I found a 178.1 g

chondrite. It was the company and the bonding. Yeah that's it. :hahaha:

Anyway, Thanks again

Richard

post-3321-0-18021000-1329115355_thumb.jp

post-3321-0-79379100-1329115392_thumb.jp

Thanks you guys.... Stan, havent seen you there in a while where have you been??? Maybe see you Sunday at Franconia??

Aloha Dave,

Yeah, it sucks when your work schedule changes your days off. I now have Sunday thru tuesday off and that just plays havoc trying to hookup with anyone to go metal detecting.

Planning on heading out to Franconia next Sunday and monday soooooooo!

Aloha and stay well,

Stan aka Kaimi

I cant hold it no more :barnie: !!! JIM FOUND 1000 GRAMS OF METEORITES THAT DAY !!!! Woooooo :wubu: Ok the stress is gone !!!!.....

Dave!

Great hunt and better company, for sure!

You did a GREAT job cleaning up that gold. Having seen it come out of the ground, that clean up is VERY impressive! :thumbsupanim

Well, maybe Wendy and I will do better next hunt! We were'nt on our 'A' game this time. Better luck next time! :rolleyes:

Jim

Found a quarter. Now that's funny. :hahaha:

I think it was JohnB that warned me about the nickels! :hahaha: Good Gawd what might be found under a quarter! :sickbyc:

Jim

Richard, throw it back and they grow bigger.... At least that's what I've been told. Just remember where you throw it... :ph34r2:

Jason :arrowheadsmiley:

Hey Jason! While I was out there, I found an old bucket that had some writing on it.

It said. "Gold Prospectors, Please put your Hot Rocks in the Bucket."

Now, I wunder who would have thunk of that? :idea:

Jim