Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello everyone. I'm heading out to the Rye Patch in Nevada for the first time and was wondering if there is anything I need to know. Are there any places that detecting is not allowed, claims? I'm just looking for a heads up from anybody who knows the area. I've read that one should look for rusty quartz and detect in these areas but thats about all I got. I also read that the bedrock is only a foot or two deep. Is the gold out there on the bedrock, mixed in with the gravel or both? Should I be looking in the washes on the hills or is the gold in the flat areas? I'm trying to find as much info on this place before I visit, so all information is welcome! Thanks!

Ok, I did some more research and found that there are a lot of claims at the Rye Patch. At this point I'm not exactly sure what area is open to the public for detecting. I read something about there being quartz crystals out there, is this true? Also, are meteorites known to be found in this area? Sorry for all the questions! I'm planning a trip really soon and don't want to miss a thing.

That ground has been worried to death, I would hunt where I thought no one has likely to have hunted before,

in the bushes, move rocks, up high, down low in the flats, coil slow & low, dig the ticks,& the skips, grid a spot

that has gave up gold before and worry the hell out of it.

Gracie wares the last nugget I found there, or did till some guy followed her around in Wall Mart, She was

flattered that she was 87 & still had IT until she realized that ma b it was the 1/10 TH of a gram shy of an oz

gold nugget around her neck that he was interested in.

post-873-0-46531100-1328751097_thumb.jpgLike you ,It was the first time I had ever hunted RP & did not know my way around, seen this

Jeep coming up the hill & thought it best to hunt the washes till they went by.Down this wash I saw where

a Badger had dug & ran my coil over where he had dug, spied this Crystal with this intrusion in it, looks

like a sage brush growing in it.

Depending when your going you might need a tow truck. They get some serious snow, and could get it tomorrow. Just keep an eye on the weather...Good luck.

Jason

post-873-0-46531100-1328751097_thumb.jpgLike you ,It was the first time I had ever hunted RP & did not know my way around, seen this

Jeep coming up the hill & thought it best to hunt the washes till they went by.Down this wash I saw where

a Badger had dug & ran my coil over where he had dug, spied this Crystal with this intrusion in it, looks

like a sage brush growing in it.

I remember that crystal with the clorite inclusion. Nice looking specimen.

Rye Patch has been worked to death but still some finds to be made. Just need to go where no man has gone before... if that's possible...

Steve