Nugget Shooter Forums

Mining claims inTrinity National Forest

dogbone

There are numerous public spots open. Douglas City has a BLM camping area with panning and dowstream there is also a free camping BLM open area. Skunkpoint is yet another so party on-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Thanks for the replies. I have called Sacramento a few times and paid for up to date information on interesting areas. It is a bit of a hassle but not impossible. I may try those blm open areas this coming year but I hate being around people. l would rather sample the gravels well away from any claims, up side tributaries or bring samples down from a ridge to pan out. It is hard to prospect on your own when all the land is claimed up.

The BLM office in Redding on Hemstead has all the info you need--get up-get going-get out-but DO stay off claims as I know 100's a folks here and they DO NOT approve of claimjumping at all..All ya gotta do is post info as to where you are and plenty of folks will help out... tons a au 2 u2 -John