Nugget Shooter Forums

Well decided a little coin hunting was in order today since I needed to familiarize myself with the Minelab Etrac so I puttered around on my property for a little while. What a great detector, just set it up in coin mode with a 3 button easy setup and hunted with the stock coil and in alongside tons of decomposig iron trash I got these targets (all non-ferrous)

Here are my finds....

2012-01-25_15-10-12_699.jpg

2012-01-25_15-11-19_826.jpg

Nice finds, Bill! What do you think that heart is made out of? It's fun to coin hunt. Next time they shut Parker Dam down so people can work on their docks, I am going to hit the river bottom along the shore.

'

Jim

The E-trac is a fantastic Detector. It can sure find some goodies, I know first hand, cause that is what ai use!

Just says 1927 Skip....

Hey Extractor lets see some of what the Etrac is doing for you..... I really like this detector and ease of use. Once I get it learned I am thinking some good stuff will come my way!

Hey Bill and Skip....showing those old coins sure bring back a lot of good memories....the Mercury dime

was one of my favorites...

Bill is the Etrac a new Minelab coin machine?

Hint: go to small towns and find where the "ball field" has been for humpteen years....take a leaf rake and do

a clean-out under the bleechers....also in front of their concession stand....you'll be amazed what's under

those bleechers...

I was hoping you found a D or S mint mark, they're worth around $50 to $75 depending on condition, no mint mark around $10, the mint mark would be at the bottom left of the torch on the reverse.

Skip

Oh OK Skip, I looked at front.... I'll look later this morning when I go over to the shop. Didn't really know it would be on the back as I am not really up on coin collecting even though a have lots of them in cans from hunts over the years.

Bill,

It's hard to see the condition of the mercury dime you found, but here's photo a 1927 D mercury dime that was graded by PCGS at XF45 and is valued at $75.

Dropping to next next grading down, VF would most likely make the value around $35 to $40

Skip

1927DMercurydime.jpg

Just says 1927 Skip....

Hey Extractor lets see some of what the Etrac is doing for you..... I really like this detector and ease of use. Once I get it learned I am thinking some good stuff will come my way!

Bill I sent ya a PM