Nugget Shooter Forums

Unusual piece of equipment?

SGTFDA

A old timer I know offered to sell me a very unusual crusher. It was a test unit for aircraft parts. Old time unit with heavy duty parts made to last forever. It's 2' x4' x 15"high. It has a shaker platform with adjustable vibration. It's rigged with a iron pot bolted to the table full of large ball bearings. You put you dirt in and it's dust in 30 seconds. It has a HEAVY cast iron base. I went to lift it and it did not budge. He has it in a shed attached to the back of his garage and will be a real pain to get out. I've never seen anything like it. The parts are heavy duty industrial type WWII I would say. I think I can get it for $100 or so. Worth the effort?

He has a 5 qt cast iron pot attached to the shaker. It has a bunch of 1" ball bearings in it. You bolt the lid on an the way you go. And it goes like nothing I've seen. I could put a larger pot on it

He has that bolted to the vibration table Bill. You fill the pot with materal and bolt it down and off she goes the ball bearings makes short work on the materal It's unbelievable how much that machine vibrates. I guess that's why the base is so heavy

Skip

I guess that's the mfg. It also has a meter to gauge the vibration. Also a adjustable cam to set the speed. I offered him a $100 and he balked at it. I think he's thinking $200.

Save ya money Frank....go buy a cast iron pot aka Dutch Over like Bill says....bolt that sucker just in front of the Toyota

tailgate....buy some steel balls and put'm in the DO....along with a gallon of rock you want to crush...bolt the lid down

good an tight....go air your tires UP to about 45 psi.....find a dirt road that ain't been graded for a year or so and drive

about 30 miles and then turn around and come back.....take the lid off the DO and you'll see some really fine powder....

If your camping out you can use the DO to cook pot-luck stew and if Bill's camped down wind he'll find you...also about

50 or more new Democrats....

Here is some infos that I found on the Web...

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3640508.html

I haven't found any other pics or diagram for it.

More Au to you, Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a parts cleaner/polisher. I'd bet the original tray was like a big cake pan, you'd fill with medium and add the parts you wanted to polish.

Save you $ Frank and get a chain saw powered flail mill and/or crazy crusher. Take the crusher to the ore not the ore to the crusher :)