Nugget Shooter Forums

Does Anyone Know Their Name?

This past weekend, I was camped with friends off of Tom Wells Rd near Quartzsite.

When the campfire stories started to repeat themselves, I headed for bed. As usual, I grabbed my pistol out of my truck and took it into my trailer. I always do this as a precaution in case Shep brings out a fresh bottle of Cabo, and things get rowdy.

Well like a dummy, when I got ready to head out to the gold fields in the morning, I put my pistol on the hood of my truck instead of it's usual spot next to my seat. When it was time to leave, I forgot about it, and as you can guess, it didn't hang on very well, and was lost somewhere along the road.

When I discovered my dumb-ness, I rushed back to camp and did a thorough search, but came up with nothing.

All day I questioned everyone that drove by, but to no avail. Just about sunset, one final truck was coming by, and with little hope, I flagged them down and asked the same question: Did you happen to see a pistol in the road that some idiot lost?

YIPPEEEEEE. After asking me a few questions, he smiled and said: "this one?".....

I thanked, and thanked him and his wife repeatedly, but still being a dumb ass, forgot to ask their names. So if anyone knows them, please let me know so I can acknowledge them properly.

I want to also thank my camp-mates, Shep, Jeff, and Bill for not repeating this story........

Patrick.....

CRAP, BILL WITH HIS LOST NUGGET BOTTLE, YOU WITH A PIS TO LA DISSAPEARING,.....GAWD I WONDER WHAT SHEP SCREWED UP ????

YOU LUCKY DAWG, GOT DA GUN BACK. WHEW WEE YOUR LUCKY YOU RAN INTO SOME HONEST PEOPLE.

YOU GUYS BETTER LAY OFF THAT FIRE WATER !!!!! :ROFL:

I think sober might just be the underlying problem here...you might need some of the memory enhancing vitamins stored in a 12oz can of a luscious nectar called "Keystone Light"

I feel your pain Patrick.

About 12 years ago I was out camping near Four Peaks (AZ). While I was taking a leak I set my Kimber .45 on the edge of the bed of my pick up. Well bouncing along for about 45 min. We stop at some quad riders that had a flat, and no way to fix it. The second I get out of my pick up I feel the weight missing from my hip. I'm silently FREAKING OUT. I pull out my plug kit and compresssor and get the riders fixed up. I Explain to them my problem, and the kid who's tire I fixed let me take his Honda 400ex. It only took me about 10 minutes to cover the groung back to my pistol. It was laying right in the middle of the trail.

Lesson learned!!!!!!

Glad you got your gun back. Glad to hear there are still good people out there.

Blake

When I was a detective years ago I went into the public restroom in our building. Hung my 45 on the stall hook. At the end of my shift I noticed no gun. Went back to the restroom and the gun was still hanging there 8 hrs later. Not as bad as my partner who would stick his under the car seat and forget about it for a month or so. One day he had a phone call from Pittsburgh PD asking if he lost his gun. A guy that worked at the car wash found it and used it in a robbery.

When I was a detective years ago I went into the public restroom in our building. Hung my 45 on the stall hook. At the end of my shift I noticed no gun. Went back to the restroom and the gun was still hanging there 8 hrs later. Not as bad as my partner who would stick his under the car seat and forget about it for a month or so. One day he had a phone call from Pittsburgh PD asking if he lost his gun. A guy that worked at the car wash found it and used it in a robbery.

That's the same story I would have told also Frank...

Well, I said I wouldn't say anything about that incident and didn't first. Patrick, and this is scarey to say, you might be getting like me, in one and only one way- I have no problems sharing my follies (especially when there's a good outcome). I sometimes think it's funnier than others do. Enough said on that.

We all have to take care care of our senior fellows, especially those who have become pure and don't partake in libations or smoke nasty weeds anymore, for they have a wealth of knowledge, us young ones need to learn. We need to remember their memories are fading.

Patrick, did I remember to tell you, I have your chair you forgot by the campfire the night before? ;-)

Shep

Now this thread is very funny. I only met Shep once out at Rich Hill, same time I met Unc and Fred. And this angel appeared and I had a vision, we'll go into that later :)

And a good pat on the back for those folks that did find it and didn't run to the nearest liquor store for a robbery

SGTFDA Frank we had a soul that went to the bathroom with his 9mm tucked behind his waistband without a holster and when he pulled his pants down the 9mm fell out and went off with bang. Needless to say everyone in the department went in with their guns drawn only to find the individual somewhat embarassed with his pants down and no further need to do the deed. In another case a reserve police officer carried his single action 45 auto in his pants front with his weapon loaded with one in the chamber and cocked. Needless to say it accidently went off and now they call him stubby...Makes me remember the not so good old days?

Shep did anyone find any gold or did anyone care to look? Jerry

Jerry, got lucky and found a littl 1.3 grammer and arrowhead. Last I heard, Maureen had a littl one as did Epseil. other than that, guess no ones telling?

Shep

Guns and Cowboys

In Canada we don't have all the problems with guns that you do..

We have to keep all firearms locked up or inoperable...

Shells must be locked up in an appropate container not

easily accesable from where the fire arm is stored...

Hand guns are a restricted firearm,can be kept in a dwelling

and carried to and from a gun club that you must join to buy

a handgun,you can't keep a loaded firearm in the house if'n

you do and shoot someone you could be charged with

premeditated homacide,SO What these Comi Bastards are

telling us is keep a good knife in your pocket and if a perpitrator

enters your home with gun kill yourself so the gunman wont have to!!!

This all came about a few years ago because some whacko got hold of

some kind of semi automatic gun and killed 14 students at school and then

killed himself......

TAKE CARE OF YOUR GUNS DON'T GIVE ANYBODY AN EXCUSE TO

TAKE YOUR RIGHTS TO OWN AND USE GUNS THE SOB'S ARE JUST

LOOKING FOR ANY EXCUSE TO DISARM THE PUBLIC....

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodd

And any fool should know guns don't kill people

People kill People,,anti gun people don't

know this not smart enough...

This reads so much like that movie, DuDe where's my car....... Now do we understand why CA.is so strict on Gun ownership..see picture....(Excuse me but i lost my GUN You did,nt happen to see a loaded hand gun lying on the Road did you???? punning patrick's search for gun)The god's were looking after you Patrick.

post-1101-0-41727100-1327634353_thumb.jp

Guns and Cowboys

In Canada we don't have all the problems with guns that you do..

We have to keep all firearms locked up or inoperable...

Shells must be locked up in an appropate container not

easily accesable from where the fire arm is stored...

Hand guns are a restricted firearm,can be kept in a dwelling

and carried to and from a gun club that you must join to buy

a handgun,you can't keep a loaded firearm in the house if'n

you do and shoot someone you could be charged with

premeditated homacide,SO What these Comi Bastards are

telling us is keep a good knife in your pocket and if a perpitrator

enters your home with gun kill yourself so the gunman wont have to!!!

This all came about a few years ago because some whacko got hold of

some kind of semi automatic gun and killed 14 students at school and then

killed himself......

TAKE CARE OF YOUR GUNS DON'T GIVE ANYBODY AN EXCUSE TO

TAKE YOUR RIGHTS TO OWN AND USE GUNS THE SOB'S ARE JUST

LOOKING FOR ANY EXCUSE TO DISARM THE PUBLIC....

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodd

Rodd,

It is nice to actually hear about the gun control in Canada from somebody that actually lives there. Since this has been enacted, what has happened to the crime rate in Canada? It seems similar to the gun control in Australia. I can't believe it is a crime to shoot someone who has broken into your house!

Here in California, they are always trying to ban this or that, but the truth is, concealed weapons permits are actually obtainable in some counties and in some of the cities that would never allow it in the past. Now we have H.R. 822 which would allow concealed carry rights to cross into other states. It has passed the U.S House by a big margin. There has been no recorded incident (that I am aware of) in California where a person with a concealed carry permit has shot somebody because of road rage or anything like that. The more people that carry legally, the safer it will be.

This reads so much like that movie, DuDe where's my car....... now do we understand why CA.is so strict on Gun ownership,Excuse me but i lost my GUN You did,nt happen to see a loaded hand gun lying on the Road did you???? The god's were looking after you Patrick.

This has nothing to do with the reason California is so strict on gun ownership!