Nugget Shooter Forums

a handy field item

The comments were more interesting than the product, to me. Especially after seeing the price.

I agree that a solar panel is a better way to go.

Interesting product, but I could buy a ton of batteries or even a nice solar setup for recharging batteries for that price... And no continued costs.

I liked that one comment "why can't I power my car with pee?"

No big deal. I harnessed the power of crap many years ago and no one gave a crap.

As for recharging your cell phone with pee I suggest that when it runs low on bateries you drop it in a bucket of pee. VIOLA! No more cell phone problems at all.

Our dilemma is not how to get power out of piss, but how to use less power. If we had the motivation to open a can using our own power, or cut a cord of wood using our arms and back we would not need to squeeze the last drop of energy out of our johnsons, and our johnsons would be big and hard and healthy. We don't need to figure out how to harness the sun's energy to produce electricity to dry our clothes...We just need to find the motivation to go outside and hang them on the clothesline. And most of our wasted energy is used for blinking lights to attract us to a "sale". We could be self sufficient, have plenty of cheap power, and have better reasoning if we were not so fascinated with pretty blinking lights.

The technology is great and some day hydrogen will be the fuel of the future. But along that road humans are going to have to accept their role on the planet and not expect every little electron to do a dance for them so they can busy themselves widening their bottoms and bellys.

• Like 1

Hey B.B., you never cease to amaze me with your ability to perfectly balance common sense with disturbing cynicism all applied with a certain meticulous literary delicacy, that so far on here, has been unmactched. Are you by any chance a bar member in the legal system, cause if so, and I should ever need a lawer out thata way, yer it fer sure, fer sure!!! Here's an idea, "Bedrock Bob for president!"

I am glad that you guys enjoyed that particular commentary!

I think that Rockhunter's comment above is pretty darn well written myself. I am indeed flattered! No I am not a lawyer. I am a carpenter. And I will vote for Ron Paul for president if I can get the chance. Otherwise I may wind up voting from a high place that has a commanding view of the situation.

If I seem a bit animated at times it is not a bad thing. I try to throw them out there with force and I know I am hitting the mark when fellows start to comment and it spurs some discussion. Sometimes it is because I haven't taken my pills for a day or two but that is usually no big deal. Well...Most of the time. But in this particular case I was on the soap box for pure pleasure and if there are a few out there that can share in a spontaneous fit of bitching every now and then I suppose I must consider the venture a success.

Bob you are indeed a great one with words!! You won't get that opportunity to vote for Ron Paul, but know this when I'm hunting around in here and see a BB post or response I know its gonna be well worth the read, you are brilliant, provocative and every now and again you throw in something so off the wall I have to read it three times before figuring out that you are just toying with us, as usual...well done Mr double B

Hey Mike, I like it well enough. I didn't go to a shop and handle many when I bought it. A local sporting goods store sent out a "sale paper" with that model on sale fer $400. and after checkin around I was quick to figure out that, that sale price was like a sore willy, you just couldn't beat it. And the only other pistol I own is another Ruger, a revolver, a single action super blackhawk fer deer huntin, thats all stainless, 10.5 in. barrel, chambered .44 mag, with a scope on it. That darn things a monster.So I wanted something a little more practical fer personal defense. The only thing I'm needing to get used to is the amout of travel the trigger has. A friend of mine has an older Springfield .45 ACP and thats all metal, receiver, frame, and handle with a little wood laminate grip, but from what I can remember shootin his weapon, the trigger had a lot less travel distance compared to this SR 40, but as time goes by i'll git used to it. It's got a 4 in, barrel, the mag. holds 15+1 in the tube if I choose fer a total of 16, it came with 2 clips, and a little "speed loading" metal clip to assist in restocking yer magazines quicker, all in a nice little box to hold everything, and a warranty, and, kinda impotant, Made in USA, a feller can't ask fer much more!

Yup made in USA is pretty important with firearms ... Ruger is just down the road from me about 7 miles away in Prescott AZ. The Sig factory was literally in my back yard in Exeter NH and the Sig Arms Academy was about 10 miles down the road in Epping NH. I took a few of their courses before I came out here. And now I have Gunsite Academy about 15 miles from me on the Chino Valley- Pauldon line ... I want to take a couple night shooting courses there that I couldn't get to before I left NH. As for your tigger pull travel you maybe able to find a gunsmith willing to do a trigger job for you making it a crisper pull. My Sig is both Dbl action and Sgl action. You start with DA ... pressing the trigger all the way to the rear. Upon firing you only allow the trigger to return til you feel it click ... you're ready to press the trigger again. You don't want to have to pull up all that slack every time. If you're out here sometime and you have the SR40 with you I'll show you a couple drills that will improve your accuracy and take that long trigger pull length out of the equation in your mind. Couple of great tips I found with some one-on-one training at Sig Academy.

Mike F

Thanx there Mike, and yer right on there about the trigger pull travel, that extra long travel exists only on ones initial shot with this model, right after that, upon trigger let-up, I can feel an ever-so gentle "click", eliminating any need to allow the trigger spring to fully retract it comepletely, to discharge 2nd. and 3rd. follow thru shots. And I very much plan to git my tail out thata way again b'fore the summer heat kicks in, still don't know xactly when yet, but it will be b'fore June and I ain't done with "lucky linda" yet. That claim is 2 sq. mi.+200 acres and in the 3 dys. I spent there, I might have covered .25 of 1 tenth of an acre total. Maybe we can do some prospecting together, and I'll definately bring this .40. It'll be a hoot, and thanx again friend. RH.

Speakin of handy field items,,,my new kitchen aid, not only does it core apples at 20-30ft. but it can reduce it down to .....sauce. As much fun as paper targets are, little mellons and grapefruits, and apples will bring more laugh's and comrodery to all campfire competitors.post-25539-0-44754800-1327323300_thumb.j

Is is a 10 or a 40? I shoot a 10mm Colt Delta Elite. That round will tear your arm off just shooting it!

The triggers on semi autos are mostly crap for liability reasons. I like the way S&W handled it on the M&P handguns, but otherwise triggers are an excercise in learning your individual weapon. The days of a crisp break like bending a thermometer until it snapped are over unless you shoot a high end revolver.

Even with the high end Mil-Spec combat pistols the triggers are horrid. On the Delta Elite it was a half inch of gravel road with an arroyo running through it. It comes to a two pound stop now and snaps like an ice sickle within .002" of second stage.

I inherited stones and jigs and a pile of 1911 stuff so I stick with the 1911 platform for economy sake. I like the "new" type of semi autos (especially the Glock) but have never had the chance to fiddle much with them.

Nice looking piece my friend!

:th:

Hey B.B. the .40 cal and 10mm. projectiles are essentially the same diameter when measured with a caliper, and my model is a .40 cal., but yer 10mm. Colt DE shell case might have a larger powder capacity or different powder formula, and yes, my older revolver has a crisp break to it, and also yes, the more use and practice with this simi-auto I have, the more comfortable and intimate with it's mechanical features. And thanx, I like it! RH.

Hey Rock ... A hunt with you at LL is certainly in the cards. That is one of my favorite GPAA claims to hunt. Lots of pieces large and small have come out of there and will continue for some time. So be sure to let me know when you head that way and I will make sure there is a day or two we can hunt together. Looking forward to it.

Mike F