Nugget Shooter Forums

Nugget Shooter, Bucket and Boomer Quartzsite Outing Date

Nugget Shooter, Bucket and Boomer Quartzsite Outing Date   

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best date for this outing?

• March 16-18
    • March 23-25

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, since my 23 rd wedding anniversary is on the 15th, I reckon the 23 rd to 25 th would work better for me also :D

Dick

Henderson, NV

Adam, what do you mean by the "flats"

Non rugged areas? Something a two wheel can get to?..........Yes

And there are some off of Tom Wells road that a two wheel can get to, but as soon as you step out, you will be in some hilly terrain, but it "ain't no step for a stepper" !!.

Lots of area to hunt without a quad or whatever.

Patrick.....

Might have to make this... everyday is a Saurday for me.....

Adam, what do you mean by the "flats"

Non rugged areas? Something a two wheel can get to?..........Yes

Patrick.....

By the flats , I mean the alluvium in the la cholla ,middle camp, and oro fino placers . Tons of gold was found in the flats, and there is probably quite a bit under the freeway too.

I mainly need an area that I can ride my Radio Flyer Tricycle to :D

I am okay with ether of the dates as i am only 70 miles from the "Q" so what ever every one decides will work for me. I have been told the the area that Adam wants to meet at has club claims on it and you have to be a member of the Quartzite Detectors club before you can prospect in that area ? If this is true then I will have to go to the Gold Miser Detector store and sign up for the club memebership so i can prospect ? I did go up to the potholes last week but was met by some prospectors there that told me I could not metal detect that area with out being a member of SPMA . I was told it is very difficult to join SPMA and that it takes a long time for them to send your membership back after mailing in the fee and the membership form. Zuki

I have been told the the area that Adam wants to meet at has club claims on it and you have to be a member of the Quartzite Detectors club before you can prospect in that area ? I was told it is very difficult to join SPMA and that it takes a long time for them to send your membership back after mailing in the fee and the membership form. Zuki

The quartzsite detector club has a couple claims in the area, and one that borders the highway , I think.

When I was a member of the swpma I didnt have any problems getting a membership card, and maps in the mail. It was actually quite fast really.....

Log in to thier Yahoo site, download/print the membership form, send it in and you should be fine.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spma2/

Adam, Thanks for the info on SPMA I will go that route. Zuki

A buddy of mine sent his SPMA money off for renewal and got his papers in about 2 and a half weeks. El D that would be great to see you there!! we could "double fist" some brews. Now if we could con ol Bedrock into makin the two state jaunt we'd either have one hell of a maylay or one of the funnest campfire fests ever.

Personall, I think it would be hilarious and a real fun time

I was gonna make a trip down in Feb.(as a bday present to myself), but this sounds waaay more fun. Is the spma the club to join? Haven't got lota cash, so i cant join a bunch of clubs.... which is the best one for that area?

As for the date, i can do either weekend with some notice

Might have to make this... everyday is a Saurday for me.....

Bite me!

just kidding El D i'm sure you earned it man :D

A buddy of mine sent his SPMA money off for renewal and got his papers in about 2 and a half weeks. El D that would be great to see you there!! we could "double fist" some brews. Now if we could con ol Bedrock into makin the two state jaunt we'd either have one hell of a maylay or one of the funnest campfire fests ever.

Personall, I think it would be hilarious and a real fun time

What I kinda find funny with Steve and Bob is they both have the same birthday(unless the info in their profile is wrong). like two peas in a pod!!! :inocent:

It's kinda like they're bumping their heads against the same wall sometimes!! :spinnin:

Skip

What I kinda find funny with Steve and Bob is they both have the same birthday(unless the info in their profile is wrong). like two peas in a pod!!! :inocent:

It's kinda like they're bumping their heads against the same wall sometimes!! :spinnin:

Skip

I pity the wall!.....

Hey.. It's all fun! Bob... you think that Toyota can make it that far?

Hi folks I am really interested about this outing. I enjoyed the last outing the Bunk had out there and I had a few questions about this one. What clubs do I have to join to be able to prospect here? Also I don't own an atv so can't really travel to far into some area to prospect. Does any one know if there is a place near there the rents ATV? I know there is one here in CA but not sure if I can take them out of state. Thanks and hope to meet some more great fellow prospectors.

You are more than welcome and we will likely be in the same area as you were at Bunk's outing. So if you already joined a local club or two you are good to go.

Thanks Bill I'am already a member of the GPAA and will be joining both the nuggetwranglers and quartzite metal detector clubs. Are does the two clubs the have the are claimed up? Is there another club or clubs the I need to join to be able to use the area?

Hello Mario. Good to hear from you.

You would need to dedicate a great deal of time in order to diligently cover the claims held by those two clubs.

And, the NW have claimed even more property since you were there.

Patrick.....