Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnno

1 Case on the way

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/norwich_man_creates_out_of_this_world_wine_in_chile_1_1172747

Ian Hutcheon, who grew up in Hellesdon, has just launched a new Cabernet Sauvignon wine called Meteorito, which is believed to be the first wine aged with a meteorite formed during the birth of the solar system.

It was created at Mr Hutcheon’s Tremonte Vineyard in Chile and at the nearby astronomy centre, Centro Astronomico Tagua Tagua, which the 40-year-old also runs.

Mr Hutcheon said: "I have been involved in wines and astronomy for many, many years and I wanted to find some way of combining the two.

"When you drink this wine you are drinking elements from the birth of the solar system."

Mr Hutcheon said the meteorite, which is about three inches wide, is from an American collector’s private collection, and that it was formed about 4.5 billion years ago and crashed into the Atacama Desert in northern Chile about 6,000 years ago.

He explains on the wine’s label: "The meteorite used in the creation of this wine came from the Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter, and the idea behind submerging it in wine was to give everybody the opportunity to touch something from space, and extra-terrestrial rock, the very history of the Solar System, and feel it via a grand wine."

He said he has so far created about 10,000 litres of the wine, and that since it was launched it has created a lot of attention and even been featured on Chile’s national news.

The process of making the first lot of Meteorito began in April 2010 when the grapes were picked from Mr Hutcheon’s mountain vineyard which is planted on an old gold mine and is about 100km south-west of Chile’s capital Santiago.

I've already got a Martian brew NWA 1068 found and concocted on 19 Oct 2007, alcohol content 7.3%, by Bruno Fectay and Carine Bidaut (see Met Bulletin #86) which is signed by them as well a Shuttle astronaut and the meteorite men.  It contains 15mg of NWA 1068.  Haven't tasted it yet, though.

billpeters

P.S. I've made a new beautiful find 1112gm at a new site somewhat near Flagstaff, AZ.  It is a very beautiful classic black with small regoliths and enough iron to suspect an H.chondrite.  Pics soon.  Snow has covered the site and I need to do follow up to look for brothers.

Great marketing!!!! Cheers, Unc

I have joints for sale laced with Glorieta dust. Just give me a shout on PM and I will hook you up.

Once, not long ago, I was having a very fine day of nugget hunting and meteorite hunting...actually I was FINDING not just hunting. When I came to camp for lunch I poured some of my diet coke into the cup holding some meteorite pieces I had just found. My partner had found nothing and was pouting...so, just to raise his ire a little more, I drank the meteorite soaked diet-coke and said...ahhhh, I feel absolutely cosmic!!!!!!!!!! then went out and found some more...

fred

Thats a great story Johnno with a brilliant idea, and theres nothing quite like having a cosmic day at yer buddies expense Fred, I'd like to have seen the look on his face when you threw that expression at him. Bob...that was just plain funny!!!

Probally fairly decent stuff as Chile is in the top four for wines IMHO.

Good they verify the source of that meteorite---wouldn't touch the stuff if it was near Uranus.

Probally fairly decent stuff as Chile is in the top four for wines IMHO.

Good they verify the source of that meteorite---wouldn't touch the stuff if it was near Uranus.

Science has proven that ingesting Chilean meteorites are responsible for the rings around Uranus. It is a fact. Google it.

HEY BOYS,

What did Star Trek and Toilet Paper have in common ????

They both circled Uranus searching for Clingons............ :hide: :hahaha: :nutty: