Nugget Shooter Forums

FREE GPX HELP

Howdy Folks,

I get tons of requests from folks that have Minelab PI Detectors wishing they could have gotten some instruction as well as those that did, but could use a refresher course on the basics to get them going again. Heck my own customers often come out for a second training session and some that bought, but never got around to it are out there as well. If you are in these categories read on....

Well help is here!

After doing several of these sessions for my customers as well as many from other dealers that did not offer training and seeing how much it helps folks I am going to try and pick one Saturday morning per month through spring and do a free group lesson out to the LSD area. This will be a basic instruction on setup and use of your GPX as I firmly believe that once you understand the basics the tricks come natural to the user as he or she fully understands what their detector is doing or saying. I will be dealing mostly with the GPX 5000 as well as previous GPX, but can help some with earlier models as well.

I also hope to talk a couple of my associates into helping out with this project as it moves along as I just feel it would really be helpful to some of our forum members.

So how about a little feedback here from you folks, Good idea?

If it is something you may want to take advantage of speak up and I'll see about making it happen....

Cheers, Bill

To expand this :brows: how's about thinkin about those plagued by MDDS? ( metal detector deprivation syndrome)?

As a recruit, I test positive ^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Maybe "rentals" could be arranged by the hour/day for side to side comparison of detected targets as they are found by participants. Maybe there are some learning courses setup already through prospecting clubs for those that want to learn but don't yet have a detector?

Of course, adequate "security" for potential damage would be needed, sort of a " break it you bought it policy". I can bring "mint direct" sealed tubes of silver eagles, or credit card...

it would be nice to take a few test drives of different models to get some idea of what features I want.

Bill,

that's a generous and welcome idea.

From what I have come across there are many people who

have questions even after reading the manual.

There is nothing like personal instruction to make things clear.

I am sure you will have many people who take you up on it.

If I were closer I would jump at the chance to help, it's a lot of fun too.

Bill,

I'm very interested in taking advantage of your generous idea. I just bought a used GPX 4500, have no training, and after three outings I realize that I my knowledge of the machine is minimal and I know I am not able to utilize the many great features of the machine. Where do I sign up?

That is a very generous offer Bill. I am a newbie to the GPX 5000 and I would love some more hands on training, where Do I sign up? Even with my limited experiencd I have been trying to help a few other newbie get started, even on models that I have never used. I shared my DVD collections, and pass along forums posts that may help them. But nothing beat a one on one coaching with a person with such knowledge and experience that you have! I know this will be a great help to many people, and a great boost to this hobby! Thank you for stepping up!

More Au to you, Robert

OK folks the first FREE GPX training session will be Saturday Feb 11th 2012 at the San Domingo Placer area in Maricopa County, AZ will meet in an area near Jackass Flats for the session.

This will be a basic training session with question and answer after.

Most of this area is under claim, but GPAA and Roadrunner both have quite a few claims in the area you can hunt when we are done.

I will be going over,

Basic setup

Different modes

Timings

Coils

Along with some tips and tricks

Not sure how long this will take as this is the first one so we are winging it.

YOU MUST contact me by PM beforehand to attend or call 623-910-0345 to schedule.

If it rains Saturday we can try for Sunday.

Cheers, Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have my GPX-3500 by the end of this month, and would certainly appreciate a lesson from someone I consider a friend and expert!

When is the March lesson :)

Yep... Finally moving into the 21st century... With regards to detector tech, at least :D

I'll have my GPX-3500 by the end of this month, and would certainly appreciate a lesson from someone I consider a friend and expert!

When is the March lesson :)

Yep... Finally moving into the 21st century... With regards to detector tech, at least :D

Can ya make the outing Glenn? There will be lots of help available including me.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill,

Great idea, if you ever head up to Gold Basin, to do some training, I will try the darndest to provide help, and learn on settings ect, that I have come accustomed to using the GPX 5000 in the Gold Basin area.

Dave.

Bill,

Great idea, if you ever head up to Gold Basin, to do some training, I will try the darndest to provide help, and learn on settings ect, that I have come accustomed to using the GPX 5000 in the Gold Basin area.

Dave.

Thanks Dave and your help will be more than welcome.

Negatory, Bill, can not go, even tried to skew the weekend's date on the poll. I'm First Year Board Member for the Phoenix GPAA (read: Sucker who must haul the trailer for GPAP).

I should be picking up my new-to-me 3500 next weekend :) (if something else around the house doesn't break, fall apart, lock up or burn down)